APC Forum

New content not showing

OldMarine

Clicked over here this morning and the site said no new comment. Upon opening the various categories almost all had new posts I'd not yet read. Have I hit the wrong button somewhere?

Edit: Someone told me I must have accidentally hit the "Mark community as read" button. Any way to fix it?

Edited by OldMarine

Wait for more new replies since hitting the mark read button?

You could also mark sections you like as watched and get email notifications of new posts/comments. I do this to see stuff for sale during the evening before coming to work where I check the full site.

Edited by starxplor

To the best of my knowledge once you mark a sub-forum or section as read that's it. It's unfortunate. Better start reading everything or wait for it to repopulate itself with new content.

You could log in as a guest on a different computer and search for new content in the past 24 hours.

I set my content settings to show the last month and it's all showing up now. I don't know what I did but don't do it!

Yah, sorry about that OldMarine, I think the folks are right; you used the Mark As Read button, and there's unfortunately not a method to "undo" that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a TN thing Patrick. I've had the same issue for a little over a week now. I really liked the new content button. I'll have to probe around tomorrow and see if your fix works for me as well.

For the record I thought the forum died off for a few days checking almost daily then finally manually checked and noticed there was new content. I normally don't poke abond in settings or with buttons, but the only explanation I can gather by Patrick's fix is mine is searching for new content within the hour only maybe. At 6 hours or so I show no new content message when I try.