APC Forum

Easter Egg Rockets

joeyz

Hi team,

Did a search and couldnt find anything on topic line so i thought I would share and also asked if you ever tried this before and what was your art creation and successes...

Made a video on the topic

okay, guess i searched wrong. found some easter egg discussion so its nothing knew. sorry. oh well, hope new people at least liked the video, my experience and details on the subject matter. Edited by joeyz

Just make sure your kids don't find them and think they're full of milkduds😁. I like the bunny.

Hahaha so true. Kids will be kids thats why whenever i assemble anything, dont immediately use, i lock away in a magazine.

post-20673-0-99757300-1471396601_thumb.jpg

Not yet. The ones i made were a dozens of ones i was tested last month before joining this forum using consumer motors. As soon as i get use to these new rocket tools and correct stable bp fuel formula i can move onto videos of how i work these. I have one D12 and E9 motor left, will see about maybe making a vid sooner.

Just a couple of notes about these eggispheres headers before anyone beats me up on perceptions because there are different levels of rocketry skill levels on this forum (new, mid, advance) to be considered and respected.

as with any firework, these eggispheres will take you as far as your willing to put time and effort into the hobby project construction as any another cylinder or canister ball shell firework of simular sizes. I just wanted to share some potential of different uses just as some people use other containers to cut time and cost in constructing a firework such as plastic pill bottles, film canisters, toilet paper tubes, paper towel tubes, other card board, gatoraid or water bottles as mortars or rocket headers.

In the pyro industry, I have always practiced paper, water, glue construction on ALL hobby, consumer or commercial fireworks, staying safe and green, even if it means me starting from scratch paper. I never use plastics (except glue) or metals (except ematch wire) of any kind in my fireworks profession. I dont even like plastic rocket cone caps or plastic ball shell hemispheres (got plenty laying around that i never did use). But for private rocket hobbying, so far, i find these egg shells somewhat reasonable, cheap, thin, durable, seems to be more of soft skin elastic or vinyl then a standard plastic, passed some of my testing and waivers my hate for plastic for my rocket use. I think the company that created these egg shells had a U.S safety requirement to meet in making them safer for children.

Im still testing these egg shells. Some of the tests i did last month was a flame test. I took a 14 oz propane torch to test its flammability and fumes. The egg skin just quickly melts, wont stay lit, doesnt burn open flames, didnt release any visual massive toxic fumes or produced smoke. During my test, 2" egg skin vs 2" paper gummed shell, same pyro ingredients, eggisphere sections were splattered open (heat seems to shrink wrap), no fire or smoke visuals and debri was not hot to the touch. Just thought id share. before i use any fireworks on ground or air, i like to test potential safety hazards to myself, others and surrounding areas, risk assessment and risk mitigation keeps things safe and fun.

Edited by joeyz