APC Forum

whistle technology, chem free

joeyz

team, sorry if this question was already brought up but i did a search and didnt find a topic on the subject matter.

with today's technology, has any visited the idea of creating a whistle made out of straw, thin plastic tubing with proper cuts or somethin and attach one or two to a rocket to make it whistle? in the past world wars, didnt they put whistles on the back fines of bombs to make them whistle when falling? what about the deer whistle idea used on cars? of course those are more silent, different frequency and a whistle will be needed in design to reach the same decibel peaks like whistle fuel would produce. has anyone ever bought a cheap whistle at the dollar store and run some testing with an air hose blowing across it studying the concept to see if it could produce a sound? Look how filthy rich duck dynasty became of the duck caller. lol

Haha lol this hobby is more likely to bust you than strike it rich. But to answer your question, my 15yo son asked me this same question. So to humor him we glued the end from a whistling nerf dart to a 2oz bp core burner and tested it. If it whistled I don't know because we couldn't hear it over the hiss of the motor and when it reached the delay it was too far away to hear. We got a good laugh out of it though, so I guess it wasn't a wasted effort, after all it's about having fun.

Hehe my son asked me "how many demon souls did it take to make that unholy thing?" When he first heard my 1# sali.👿

hahaha fair enough but im talking about bigger whistles along side of the tube. but yeah, your right, i guess nothing will beat the screaming demons of whistle mix fuel.

:D What was it that caused the 1st one to do that? I'm still smiling on that btw..

And the second one, lol, I about fell out with that last little fart push at the end before the grand splash.