APC Forum

rubber stars

bigbuck

i was reading a good post on skylighters web site on rubber stars, it gives the cut method for them but can they also be rolled? if so do you use a water alachol mix for wetting? looking to start with some easy stuff and work up, any suggestions on easy rolled star formulas??I was also wondering if you can make them color changing

Edited by bigbuck

I've only cut them but you might try rolling them with alcohol to activate the red gum. Don't use any water! I'd make sure my Parlon was very fine by screening it since it won't be dissolved in the comp. Edited by OldMarine

No, that's the beauty of these stars, mix, whet them inside a ziplock bag, kneed for a bit and roll out the bag, cut it open and cut the stars. Dose them in some dry comp (save some for this, its called priming) and let them dry. Try 1/4" stars at first just to try it out, there are many uses for them!

Edited by dagabu

No, that's the beauty of these stars, mix, whet them inside a ziplock bag, kneed for a bit and roll out the bag, cut it open and cut the stars. Dose them in some dry comp (save some for this, its called priming) and let them dry. Try 1/4" stars at first just to try it out, there are many uses for them!

I love the rubber stars. They dry almost immediately, light easily and store very well. I keep them just in case I need a quick pyro fix. Wrap up a mine and go!

lets just say for humor sake you can roll them, could it be possible to make them color changing?

I see no reason why not. Roll a compatible color change relay and then your second color with appropriate priming and you're good as gold (if they'll roll)

Remember though, I'm a newbie and WTF do I know? I do read a lot and think it will work IF you can get them to roll.

You can try but no, you cant roll rubber stars with the parlon activated. They will just stick to the walls of your roller. However, you CAN cut them and let them dry a little and then roll them semi round, then use another comp to roll on top of that.

• Like 1

awesome, thanks for letting me know before I tries it, that was going to wind up in a mess and wasted funds