APC Forum

Best 1.4 Shells

rbpwrd240

Well Im already planning my next fireworks order and as I look at all the shells and youtube videos I figured I would ask here also. What are your favorite 60g canister shells?

Im already digging the Demon,Excalibur and Goliath shells. I want these for their HDPE tubes and for their great reputation.

Let me know what your favorite shells are and if there are any shells that I didnt mention that come with an HDPE tube that would peek my interest.

Thanks.

Edited by rbpwrd240

Whatever is the cheapest that does what you need(has hdpe tubes, in this case).

Well looking for best shell not necessarily cheapest. For effect I use a lot of the cheaper dominator fx line and winda up with grace out of festival ball mortars. Im looking for shells for the end of the show it will probably be too much light up there so Im focused on biggest wow factor.

Well looking for best shell not necessarily cheapest. For effect I use a lot of the cheaper dominator fx line and winda up with grace out of festival ball mortars. Im looking for shells for the end of the show it will probably be too much light up there so Im focused on biggest wow factor.

My point was, when you deal with these high end 60gram shells, there is often very little difference in the sky. The price per shell, especially when using many at the end of a show, is often more important than a brand or model name. These "top shelf" shells you have seen mentioned in the various 60g shell threads are all good most years and so the price really is the best distinguisher.

Max'd Out from Red Rhino are a great buy. They are Excal rewraps, but much cheaper.

Hellcat cans are great, have correct effect labels, and massive breaks. I got 4 cases this year, they don't have HDPE tubes, but I got them at $100 a case.

Excal re wraps thats a handy bit of info to have.Also this year I did notice lots of shells were miss labeled. I never paied much attention before now but when I set up my show for the fourth I know what was where and some things surprised me. lol

Meow, I got a couple cases of those this year, but haven't shot them yet. I bought them because other Sky Bacon product I've tried has been pretty good.

Where are yall getting your fireworks? Right now Im looking at AAH since they will deliver to a stand by my house for free and Im also looking at a mail order deal through overstock central. I used American wholesale fireworks for the fourth but the shipping is the highest out of the three I mentioned. Even AAH will deliver to your home for 15 bucks if you go over 500 dollars.

I wish I could find a place with smoke and mirrors shells. Shot those for the first time this year and wow gotta be right there with excals but the fiberglass tube barely made it through 6 shots.. Warlocks were next best from Alamo AND Mr W's Best was worse then Milwaukee's Best.... Tried Mammoth shells and they were okay.... Not very aww inspiring.

I ordered from Spirit of 76, they have pretty much everything as far as product goes. I put in a $4k order for my 4th this year. They have Smoke n' Mirrors there as well, but I'd recommend Brother's new Quest shell, as it's an Excal rewrap, and I got 4 cases of those for $120 each.

Wow thats a steal!!!!

Ill check them out. Thanks for the info. Ill probably be in around the $1000-$1500 area. Wish I could do more but there is still lots of expenses to go with the pyro. Heck today was a $100 fireworks day and I didn't even buy any. lol I did make a wood/fiberglass 12 shot ghetto fan rack for cmoets, mines and volleys. Im still putting together the 18 tube fiberglass (1.91") 6x3 rack. :D

I also have plans for a fiberglass 7x3 (21 shot) with (7) 1", (7) 1.75" and (7) 1.91" tubes. I plan to shoot all three sizes at once so I can get breaks at different intensities and different heights.

I realize none of this has to do with the topic of shells but darnit, I got the bug!!! Bad..... :wub:

**Edit**

1500 Bucks doesn't go far over there....

:blink: Love the selection but buying by the case definitely limits your options on a small budget.

Edited by rbpwrd240

If you spend $1500 you can get a 10% discount on all product, $2500 gets you 25% off. It's more of a supplier for stands then personal shows, but if you're doing a massive show then it'll definitely work

Bought some great grizzly serpent canister 60 gram shells for 29.60 for 24 on the 5th of July and thought they were good but my favorite is the excaliber canisters. On sale they are 60.00 for 24 so much more expensive! I will take double the canisters for the money all day long!

More for your money is definitely key. Thats why I started adding in 1.75" and 1" tubes to my show so I can use different (see cheaper) shells. But in the finally nothing less then Excalibur will do. The racket is just intense. :)

I cant believe spirit of 76 doesnt have the excals but the re wraps at a cheaper price is hard to ignore. Gunna need a case or two of those for sure.

Check with your local club or guild. NHPA conducts frequent group buys, pooling our resources to get the best prices. I don't really know how much we order a year $$wise, but its a few hundred cases spread out over 4 or 5 buys, sometimes more. Larger shipments also are also more economical to ship. The best deal we got this year was 16 cents per pound (US).

Kevin

Edited by Nessalco

From what I can tell my city doesn't have a club (San Antonio) looks like a Texas club gets together once a year in Austin about an hour and a half away from me.....

From what I can tell my city doesn't have a club (San Antonio) looks like a Texas club gets together once a year in Austin about an hour and a half away from me.....

I'll see if the ANTS are still a club. They are in your atea.

Thanks, Let me know. Id love to share the passion with others. Currently I'm doing all of this solo for all of our neighbors. We throw a huge block party for everyone and even though everyone claims they will help most dont. Of the 50-60 people who showed up one family brought two side to share and another gave us 20 bucks to help pay for things. We dont do this to get paid back its simply an excuse to be decent people to our friends and neighbors. With that said being in a group and getting in on some group buys could really help ease the burden on my pocket book.

Iv heard good things about the black widows but no one I am buying from seems to have them....

Just got word that my quick match kit is on its way from pyro creations. :)

Edited by rbpwrd240