APC Forum

New Summer Movies

OldMarine

Just clicked on a trailer for the sequel to Independence Day and I think I'm going to go see it. Is there anything else out there worth the theater rape to see this summer?

I'll probably go and see the new Independence Day as well. I'm planning to see Central Intelligence and maybe the new Ghostbusters movie as well. I'll wait to hear reviews of all of them first though.

They've already been out for a while already but I saw Nice Guys last weekend. It's worth a watch. I enjoyed it, and there's enough action that I bet it'd be good in a real theater. I also saw the new Captain America: Civil War a month or so ago. There are drive-ins both near where I live and where my parents live that make the hurt on the wallet a lot more reasonable.

Can't wait to go see the new live action Warcraft movie, spent a lot of my youth playing through that universe, will be totally geeked out to see it :)

The Independence Day sequel looks like it might be good, but I really liked the first one, so I may be a little biased.

Nothing plays better on a giant screen than a sci-fi shoot'em up.

• Like 2

I'm on the fence about Independence Day, I have a sneaking suspicion it will fall flat in comparison to the original, dunno though. And no Will Smith ):

Suicide Squad has potential, it's looking almost like a Sucker Punch spinoff via DC Comics. I'll wait for the reviews.

I don't have much hope for it but the family wants to go see Tarzan.

Free State of Jones will probably be a massive flop, but Gary Ross and Matthew McConaughey working together is interesting.

Overall, I would say it's chalking up to be a 'meh' year for Hollywood. Yet more, Star Trek, Jason Bourne, Tom Cruise, and Ring sequels coming out, plenty of animated children's movies, the standard cheap thrillers/slashers, romcoms, and action heroes. I haven't heard of any major indie releases either. What I'm most looking forward to is Passfire.

edit: War Dogs, The Magnificent Seven, and Fantastic Beasts also have potential, maybe.

Edited by AzoMittle