APC Forum

Any good tutorials on how to make a fountain like this?

Bransen111

Hey everyone, so I've mastered making rockets but now I'm trying to figure out something with some noise, part of the wow factor of fireworks for me is the noises and I still can figure out making things with noise. I lit a store bought fountain and it threw sparks in the air with different colors and also made a very loud crackling and popping noise and is like to learn how to start with something like that. I can't figure out how to post a video so I hope the description above will be good enough, thanks in advance for any advice!

With posting a video if you're using the mobile version you have to change to full version of the webpage first.

It's at the very bottom of the page below post button :) took me ages to find it haha.

They're called dragon eggs, that is what makes the crackling and popping. They're micro stars that can be pressed into fountains (I don't think i would ram them, not sure if they are impact sensitive or not), or used as the cores of stars.

To my understanding they are an exotic thermite mixture, the ones i made were made were from mainly bismuth subcarbonate http://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/how-to-make/bismuth-subcarbonate-dragon-eggs.asp

You can also use lead tetraoxide (which i don't prefer for obvious reasons, and bismuth trioxide

Thankyou for the replies, I will check out that link. Here's the video but is there any known fountain tutorials? Like step by step how to make a fountain containing dragon eggs?

What you describe sounds like these fountains with are quite popular atm.

For the color "spars" use slow burning microstars 1-3 mm size. Rubber stars or phenolic work really good here, for silver use firefly al (max 5-10% ) or ti