APC Forum

Commercial 1/4" time fuse machine

lloyd

Accrow Fuse machine gets written-off and junked as of July 1, 2016. I've learned all I need from it, and made all the fuse I intend to make on it.

It's slowly weathering (now, under a tarp, but still 'outdoors' under the pole barn). It's right now in a state that two days' work would put it back in original condition. It WILL get worse with time, and I have no impetus to take better care of it than what I am now. I need the space more than the equipment.

$3500 takes it, all remaining cotton tape, the hydraulic pack, and five full bundles of jute.

But if it's not gone by July 1, it will NOT be available at any price. It goes for scrap, and I'll write off its book value.

>shrug< Sorry... but a guy's got to do what a guy's got to do.

Lloyd

Yeah. I somehow have a hard time seeing a hobbyist ponying up this sort of cash for a industrial fuse machine. It's a great offer, but the space needed, and the cash requirement, not to mention the logistics getting it to it's new home... I think Dagabu is right. This thing has seen it's days. Sadly. I hope someone proves me wrong.

Nice of you to offer it up Lloyd.

B!

Sell it for a $1.00 and charge an hourly rate for start-up and consultation.

We hire plenty of consulting engineers for a day or two and they bill hourly/daily along with travel, lodging, meals and other expenses.

Does not take long to eat up $3500.00 at a typical consulting engineering rate.

Mikeee,

That would be a 'gamble'. I might end up not making any money off that deal, at all.

The way I've structured it, I have factored-in my labor and 'lost' parts. I'm always amenable to listening to a smart person's offer, but I would feel _really_odd_ about not making myself available for advice and guidance on this, since start-up fuse-making without ANY advice is - at best - a difficult thing.

Lloyd

• 2 months later...