APC Forum

3" Round shell submission

Pretty green flame

That had great symmetry. I really love those stars, I like how the trail is delayed behind the burning star. Man I need more barium nitrate right now...

• 11 months later...

The composition is called better pearl and is,

Potassium nitrate-47

Barium nitrate-10

Sulfur-18

Charcoal-10

Aluminum (Atomized) -10

Dextrin-5

PGF

Very pretty. What mesh atomized Al did you use? I'm assuming in the 20-30um range? Will larger Al shift the effect more into a glitter type trail?

I like the flashlight "light and retire" :)

Very pretty. What mesh atomized Al did you use? I'm assuming in the 20-30um range? Will larger Al shift the effect more into a glitter type trail?

I like the flashlight "light and retire" :)

The aluminium was 0-140micron. A more uniform particle size might be better in creating a more fine grained effect but this aluminium also works well. Haven't tried this formula with a finer and more uniform particle size so I can't say how it wil behave compared the coarser gradu of Alu.

Yep, nice shell, in the vid I saw some blue and red. Maybe your chems or star pump were a bit contaminated with Stronium/Copper?

Yep, nice shell, in the vid I saw some blue and red. Maybe your chems or star pump were a bit contaminated with Stronium/Copper?

Nope, I put some microstars in the middle of the shell. Was a pathetic attempt to create a small colourfull centre, it failed misserably as they were thrown out with the rest of the stars.