APC Forum

Anti-Static Wrist Staps

deepdixie

Greetings all!

In preparation for the upcoming holiday displays I would like to add one more item to my PPE gear. I'm looking for an anti-static wrist strap that has a large enough clip to be attached to a piece of rebar or steel that is driven into the ground. Most of the straps I see for sale on the Net are designed for electronics use and don't look very sturdy at all, and the attaching clip is very tiny. Can anyone point me in the right direction here for a strap that would be well suited for pyro applications?

Thanks,

DeepDixie

It wouldnt be worth the effort. The ground rod needs to be copper (copper clad steel may be ok for temporary use).

To be effective it has to be sunk into the ground, 6-8ft is good. The type of soil makes a big difference, wet ground is ideal (lower resistance), dry or frozen ground (high resistance) will need multiple ground rods spaced apart and bonded together to make up for the poor ground.

Thanks Col,

I will continue to use my anti-spray in liberal amounts as I have for many years, without incident. Just looking for another way to increase my safety when working with sensitive materials.