APC Forum

My shells

gregh

Here are some of my shells from the 4th. Some are out of focus, but still look cool.

• Like 4

Thank you all. Yes, they were mostly 2.5, 3, and 4. The "finale had 2" spiders and salutes, 3 3"spiders, and lastly a 6 in.

Very nice shells. Thank you for sharing.

The last 6".. can you share some details about the makeup on it?

It was willow comp with 25% FeTi. They were cut at 3/8 because it is a slow burner. It was burst with 7:1 mcrh with 3% slow flash dusted on it. Unfortunately, it was launched to about the same altitude as Sputnik, so it wasn't as impressive as it should have been... :P

Edited by gregh

Thank you for the details Greg.Planning some 5 inch and wanted an effect like that with about the same burn time.

It was C6 with 60 mesh spherical Titanium. It creates a slight delay for the Ti to start burning. So you get the charcoal star and tail and then the white sparks chasing it. I too was impressed with it.

• 2 months later...

Here's a Thanksgiving shell:

Nice shell. Looks like you're getting ready to make a Bomba Da Tiro.

• 9 months later...

Here is a shell from MFF last weekend. An 8 inch double petal. It kind of overwhelmed my cheap camera and the inner petal is hard to see.

Edited by gregh
  • Like 1

I just used 7:1 bp rice hulls and was hand pasted with 12 double layers. I agree with you, it needed to break a little harder.

The 8" was some eye candy in person for sure. Good job man Looking forward to the next time to see what's next.

Nice looking shell. I really liked the outer stars which are very bright and have quite long tail. Would you mind sharing the formula?

The outer petal started with brilliant white cores (1/4) and the jopetes purple up to 3/8 and the D1 rolled to 3/4 inch. The key is to very closely size them for the abrupt color changes. I did use a dark relay between the purple and white and prime before the purple.