APC Forum

ball mill recommendations

wyzard10

Just had the second harbor freight tumbler die on me. The motors overheat and that's the end of them. Im looking to upgrade to something a little bigger and don't mind spending a bit but I want something that will work and last. Im looking at the lortone qt66. I like the larger barrels and having two, one for bp one for charcoal. My question is will these hold up and can the speed be adjusted to an appropriate drum rpm. Does anyone have any experience with these or an alternative that might work better?

Just had the second harbor freight tumbler die on me. The motors overheat and that's the end of them. Im looking to upgrade to something a little bigger and don't mind spending a bit but I want something that will work and last. Im looking at the lortone qt66. I like the larger barrels and having two, one for bp one for charcoal. My question is will these hold up and can the speed be adjusted to an appropriate drum rpm. Does anyone have any experience with these or an alternative that might work better?

Had one for 2 years works just fine, had to replace the belt twice but thats normal. (Used it a lot..)

(You can make the bars"bigger" to make the drum go faster)

Edited by fckiamdead