bentonite clay nozzles nozzle mix rocketry rockets

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 pyralex

pyralex

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, 4th of july, Russia, explosives, BP, FP, shells, fountains, canister shells, artillery, rockets, bag shell headings, geography, females, Skylighter, United Nuclear, ball mills, rotary rock tumblers

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

when filling 3 ID inch PVC tubes with several pounds of granulated BP, i soon learned that Bentonite Clay is simply not cutting it. Bentonite easily cracks and i even once had my bentonite nozzle "crack" under the weight of about 2 1/2 LB BP and i lost about 72 hours of ball miling, $10 of chemicals, 2 Liters of pure alcahol (for granulation), and about 5 hours of granulating time. i now can see that Bentonite is simploy not strong enough to withstand all that weight, is there any other alternatives?

#2 pyrokid

pyrokid

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:Pyro, soccer, guitar.

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:57 PM

This should be titled powerful stupid instead of powerful nozzles. Do yourself a favor and ditch the PVC.

#3 pyralex

pyralex

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:fireworks, 4th of july, Russia, explosives, BP, FP, shells, fountains, canister shells, artillery, rockets, bag shell headings, geography, females, Skylighter, United Nuclear, ball mills, rotary rock tumblers

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:19 PM

This should be titled powerful stupid instead of powerful nozzles. Do yourself a favor and ditch the PVC.

i also made Cardboard tube rockets like this and the Bentonite still didnt hold up, please be nice and give me some advice here

#4 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

Here's some advice, stop being a moron.  The only safe thing about any of this is that it was a total failure.

• Xtreme Pyro, TYRONEEZEKIEL, MrB and 2 others like this
Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bentonite clay, nozzles, nozzle mix, rocketry, rockets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users