APC Forum

Minnesota rocket rules

gun410

I was wondering in mn u can make bp or sugar rockets because u can make model rockets that shoot up too

Rockets in Minnesota are similar to fishing regulations anything under 6 lbs and you have to throw it back in the ready box. ;)

Depends on the county, city regulations and if you have a permit. Join a Pyro club and you can go to a permitted shoot and launch fireworks rockets there.

• 1 month later...

Gun, I'm late to the show here but here is my understanding:

The laws in Minnesota prohibit any manufacturing of any pyrotechnic device without a license. IF you make rocket mortors that are use for model rockets only (must be recovered and only use BP to eject a parachute), you have to keep the fuel grain below 62 grams total weight. Rockets must weigh less than 3.3 pounds at liftoff and contain less than the equivalent of two (2) G-class engines.

Minneapolis requires a permit and you cannot launch them in any Minneapolis park.

• 4 weeks later...

You can do anything in North Dakota..................:-)

It used to be like that in the good old days.........things have changed quite a bit in the last twenty years.

You can still find plenty of remote areas in North Dakota for Pyro fun.

Be mindful of dry crop fields, on a windy day you won't stop a fire there!

In Russia making any firework yourself - is illegal. But the police does not care <_< ...until you blow something up :lol:

People even make 12" illegaly :lol: :lol: :lol: .