• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coogan1997

• ddewees

• nater

• mikeee

So, Tomorrow im going to be pounding some bp rockets :D... But I was wondering what type of hammer or mallet can I use besides a rawhide mallet? I have heard that rubber mallets suck for ramming rockets, will a dead blow hammer be any better?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-27-oz-Dead-Blow-Rubber-Handle-Hammer-N-G27DBHN/205386284

Edited by coogan1997

Oh thats great! Harbor freight sounds nice but their shipping to PR is ridiculous.

Will a dead blow damage my tooling at all ?

27oz hammer is plenty big for smaller rockets, what size of motors are you ramming?

A lighter hammer will allow a better feel for how the fuel is ramming and give you better control

over not splitting the tube if you are not using a tube support.

I would be glad to flat rate ship you something from here. If you can wait a day or two for me to go to town I can get you whatever size hammer you would like.. both harbor freight and grizzly are somewhat close.

I use a 12 oz. snap on dead blow for a lot of stuff.. the 24 oz dead blow from harbor freight does pack a bigger punch.. and it has no trouble making good 3 lb. rockets. :) with me running it of course. I tried to get it to make them by itself but it was just like my older kids and sat around all the time..