APC Forum

Dagabu... how's he doing at this point.

ddewees

Anyone know?

He doesn't seem as active as he was, and I know he still has a tough road ahead of him.

It was quite amazing to see his enthusiasm after going through what he went through, but I'm sure "normal life" can start to wear on that...

Just checking in to make sure he's doing fine, and still the same annoying high spirited guy we all know and love. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You guys kill me! :P

I am a vineyard manager now as well as my "other" full time job and am running 16 hours a day while the new vines, trellis and posts are going in. I am also involved with getting our Mead production up and running, my sons are helping with that part.

I am also spending lots of time with my grand daughter Hazel-Grace on weekends. Lots going on and living life like I used to! Ill be doing pyro at PGI like last year but just little rockets again this year.

Have fun all, have a GREAT 4th of July!

• Like 2

You guys kill me!

Sue us, We care! :- Þ

I am a vineyard manager now as well as my "other" full time job and am running 16 hours a day while the new vines, trellis and posts are going in.

Ok, i knew you wanted to play around more with charcoal, but thats taking it a bit far.

Good luck.

B!

• Like 1

Sue us, We care! :- Þ

Ok, i knew you wanted to play around more with charcoal, but thats taking it a bit far.

Good luck.

B!

Ah, took me a bit to get the "vine charcoal" reference - perhaps that's his ulterior motive :whistle:

Hope it all pans out well for you Dags, and that you keep contributing to this forum - especially the Rocketry section. Otherwise, who else am I going to argue with? :D

Cheers.

Edited by stix

Ah, took me a bit to get the "vine charcoal" reference - perhaps that's his ulterior motive.

Of course it is. No responsible pyro intoxicates him self with alcohol, and then does pyro things. Since pyro is a lifestyle, there is no alternative, he's going to do pyro.

And he IS a responsible pyro.

B!

• Like 1

Could you get drunk from the alcohol fumes while binding red gum based compositions?

You'd probably die from the methanol in denatured alcohol before you got drunk from the ethanol

• 1 year later...

Sammy and I put down cheap vinyl planks to cover the plywood floor in the downstairs 3 season porch.

gallery_9798_35_301716.jpg

Jarrod and I put down 5mm vinyl plank and laid in 3 LVL Lams to open the upstairs porch (4 season) for Patts plant.

gallery_9798_35_2683224.jpg

More time with Hazel grace!

gallery_9798_35_1270865.jpg

Edited by dagabu

Nice looking work Dave. Sure wish I had part of Sam's energy. She made some us fellas look bad during some of the cleanup at PGI on Friday.

Lol Dave, maybe that's where she got the skills to handle the ruffians her age at the event. Jake almost trapped me under the bus and got me into trouble, but I was saved by blaming the events of a couple of years ago on you. Somehow the formal dress event came up and figures started pointing, lol. Edited by Boophoenix

Hmmmmm. Funny, I thought that started with somebody else. I just ran with it since Sammy got really embarrassed by the whole thing.

I started it with Jake as a dare kind of. Somehow you or someone nominated Sammy into the the mix. I wasn't able to attend that event, but all indication were it was fun. Even if there were some embarrassing moments they still recall it pretty well so it formed a lasting memory. That made it a priceless moment since it's been what three years now and it came up in the first few minutes of meeting Sammy in LaPorte ( thanks Jake ).

The four kids, Elizabeth, Forest, Jake and Samantha were thick as thieves that year and have continued to be part of the growing leadership at PGI. I just hope those in key leadership positions don't lose their chance to mentor these young people and lose them from pyro.

Speaking about how I'm doing... I took SWMBO to the North Shore yesterday for a micro vacation. We took the train up to Two Harbors and back. Very fun, perfect weather.

gallery_9798_35_297469.jpg

• Like 1

I was impressed by the efforts and involvement that I saw. Not your run of the mill young people it didn't seem. Also boy they are funny to be around if they stay that way PGI will be a hoot when they are well known names people look to for information. I had alway thought Jake to be a little of an anomaly with his maturity level and respect. You've done quite well with Sammy it seemed we talked for a brief period during loading up of the manufacturing container.

I don't recall the other yound fellas name though.