APC Forum

Dual phase rocket

THEONE

A strobe could be considered one. Any time you use a faster propellant at the end, with a slower propellant above... You're basically making a dual phase rocket.

Many people do this.

Please explain what you mean then. I am picturing a long winded screamer with the different whistle propellants giving different tones and thrust at each point in the burn.

What is the purpose of the dual phase rocket in this context? SS2S aim to maximize distance by coasting through the atmosphere before the second phase ignites.

I've toyed with the idea of putting a clay segment above a nozzleless segment, to achieve a combination of fast lift off and prolonged burn.

Edited by pyrokid

I made some last month with a nozzle above the core. I know dag has done it before too. Well actually, I used the tip of the spindle to form the nozzle.

Didn't notice anything special from it.

• Like 1

Can it be done with o pvc J class motor ? I was thinking to use polyester in case of epoxy because it is cheaper. Now i do not know any comp with polyester, i must play with it a little bit and try to find out.

Dual phase? The video, as far as i can determine, is a 2 stager, with a delay in between the stages.

So, 3 active phases after ignition.

Anyway, i'm not sure if this is the right forum for the thread. It's more of a "rocketry" thing, and has kinda little use in pyro. Our stuff sort of don't go high enough to need a midsection coasting phase.

B!

• 5 months later...

I am only guessing but I think they call it 2 phase because of delay in engine thrust/burn, no seperation as in two stage