APC Forum

6 inch Purple Dahlia

Dean411

https://youtu.be/ZO-Cu0PKUmgbeen awhile since I have posted any shell videos, so finally got a shell in the air.

Here is a 6 inch purple dahlia I built for evaluation by a display company.

Questions and comments welcome.

Dean

Good break and nice symmetrical spread of stars, although sadly the camera hasn't done the purple justice! Which formula did you use for the purple?

Very nice Dean!! Sounds like your audience loved it too. I'm also curious which comp was used, and what size stars?

XP

A bit too sparse/too big stars for my taste to be honest. What size stars did you use?

The break stayed nice and round althoug it did not seem to break too hard, quite interesting. What configuration did you use? With/without booster, if yes, how much and how many layers?

A bit too sparse/too big stars for my taste to be honest. What size stars did you use?

The break stayed nice and round althoug it did not seem to break too hard, quite interesting. What configuration did you use? With/without booster, if yes, how much and how many layers?

That is exactly what the Dhalia effect is, a big round break with larger than normal stars for given size of shell. The brightness of the stars should overcome the lower star count.

Thanks Nate

A dahlia is different than a peony

The type of shell your talking about coek is a peony , this is a different effect.

The stars were pumped 3/4 it was wasp pasted with 11 layers of 1 inch tape and was unboosted just meal on cotton seed

Dean

Edited by Dean411

Very nice shell Dean! I am sure you put a lot of work into something that a lot of folks would not appreicate if they just saw it in the midst of a lot of crackle and glitter shells put up at the same time as skypuke. I like to savor the flavor of each shell so to speak, and this one was sure tasty!