APC Forum

Priming Scraps Stars

jordanm

Has anyone ever took their priming scraps from priming compositions and made them into stars? I use a 5 gallon pail as a star roller and prime my stars in it. There is always some scrap that gets wetted and sticks to the bottom and sides of the pail. I scraped these pieces off the pail after awhile and lit them. To my surprise it had quit an effect. There were many sparks produced as well as a crackling sound. I rewetted the pieces and cut them into stars. I ended up with about 100g batch of stars. I test lit one and it resulted in the same effect. I loaded some into a shell and am waiting to test it to see what kind of effect this will look like in the air. The priming compositions i had been using is about 85% Hot Bp, 10% veline super prime and 5% pinball prime. This might be worth looking into for people who are looking for what to do with their scraps. When i launch the shell i will video it and post it. If anyone is interested i can film what the star looks like just lighting one on the ground as well.

that was originally how i made my first rising comets. throw a touch of red gum in a hot prime with metal and you got a nice comet