APC Forum

I-Match

Livingston

I'm seriously considering on purchasing sum

I-Match I'm just not hundred percent sure to do so. Why because I'm not sure how well it will work with my firing system. Which is a 10 Q/CD firing panel by ODA-Enterprise

Any help please much appreciated. I'm desperate to make sure my little show goes well!!! I've been building like crazy!! Hope this is posted in the right Forum if not forgive me.

:unsure:

That is funny!

though those chinese e matches are pretty reliable. In Taiwan it was all I could really get. Not technically legal without a license yet they're sold all over ebay and amazon...

OK - assuming you mean e-match...

The ODA hit box will fire at least 50 standard ematches wired in series. I will be testing Firewire igniters with the box soon - two tests of 40 matches at a shot.

Kevin

• Like 1

I-match is just some goofy name some guy came up with to jump on the iPhone/iPad/iJerkoff bandwagon.

He basically just buys them from MJG and resells them to you (after he applies his "tax").

Truth is, he's likely shot himself in the foot calling them imatch, since nobody will search for that name.

Just order them from MJG if you want them:

https://electricmatch.com/products/see/6/mjg-firewire-initiator

Does the composition on imatch differ from that of traditional ematches?

They must be, since the number you can reliably shoot (in series) is less than traditional ematch.

OK - assuming you mean e-match...

The ODA hit box will fire at least 50 standard ematches wired in series. I will be testing Firewire igniters with the box soon - two tests of 40 matches at a shot.

Kevin

Kevin I meant I-match and it's Basically from what I've read the same thing as the firewire igniters So my question is now.

Will the firewire igniters work with my firing system and how well? How many in parallel and in series??

I have not tried the firewire ignitors, but I have used that ODA QD system. It puts out a lot of power and fires most anything, so I bet you will be fine. It is meant to fire large fronts with many e-match in series. My suggestion would be to do a test run with however many you want to fire to be safe.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Guys!!!

Not quite, the FireWire initiators and similar rebranded products use an unregulated comp rather than the standard comps used on traditional ematch. They don't require license and storage because the composition in them is deemed "safe" for consumers by the regulating authorities. Edited by nater

Not quite, the FireWire initiators and similar rebranded products use an unregulated comp rather than the standard comps used on traditional ematch. They don't require license and storage because the composition in them is deemed "safe" for consumers by the regulating authorities.

hey nater,

You are 100% correct. I should have been more precise about it. My bad!

vizi

That is the cost of convenience and not needing certain papers.

The cost is relative too. If I am doing a show, I will certainly save the money and use standard e-match. I handlight quite a bit, but for firing a few shells at a shoot when you want to be far enough back to fully appreciate it, $1 seems worth it. If e-match is unavailable I would rather add $1 to the shell I just spent all those hours building to see it further than a few steps away from the mortar.

igniters

That is the cost of convenience and not needing certain papers.

Exactly! So as I do not have papers yet myself this looks like a good alternative to talons and the such for igniters.

vizi