APC Forum

TT to Green Peony and Green Peony (4")

braddsn

I only boosted this with 2g slow flash booster. I wanted a softer break with this type of shell. I thought it turned out pretty nice. :)

• Like 1

This is essentially what I have been shooting for with a green peony. I think I achieved pretty good symmetry and break diamater is where I want it. I boosted with 4g 35/35/30, and I think I will bump it up 1 more gram to 5g booster. My rising comet was a little too large, but it's all I had laying around at the moment. So you can see part of it fly off when the shell breaks. LOL. Thanks Jopetes for getting me here on all of the priming and boosting advice.

• Like 1

Looking good. Nice symmetry and good timing on the change. Thanks for sharing them!
  • Like 1

Technically Brad, the first one would be a chrysanthemum, and not a peony... :P Regardless of what you call them, they were great and I liked them!

Thanks guys! Yeah Greg, my terminology is sometimes lacking.. LOL. Glad you liked em. :D

+1 what a nice shell !

Brad well, especially the green peonya, is practically perfect. It can reinforce a little more force to open the shell, that depends on taste, I ami personally I like strong starts. Above all, brad, continue working on the perfection of the manufacture of the star, the correct application of the primer layers, the size of the star and symmetry in the opening of the shell. When you master well all these factors, then it's time to start small with ornaments and frills, ie shells with multiple effects, geometries, etc ............. not run too fast, look for perfection in this, they are a Japanese copies.

I look forward to see more of his Shell.

Edited by JOPETES

Way to go Brad! Your shells really are approaching perfection. The green peony was my favorite. As Jopetes says, burst strength is a matter of taste, but that shell had perfect symmetry and the stars all snuffed at the same time. Excellent work; I can't wait to see some of your bigger stuff!

Thanks guys! I plan on boosting the green peony a little more to see how it does. However, I should have mentioned that the pasting on these shells was not dry yet. I had pasted them the day before.. so they will break a little harder when the pasting dries. A lot of my shells that I shoot are this way, because I like to get em in the air fast to check for ignition, color quality, etc. I will be testing some 5 inch shells soon, then 6's. The 4th is sneaking up on me! :)

, because I like to get em in the air fast to check for ignition, color quality, etc.

Yah thats what they all say :)

• Like 2

The 4th is sneaking up on me! :)

You got that right! I'm still makin' stars and I haven't rolled a single case for the 60 or so shells I intend to build.

LOL Wiley I feel ya. You better get with it! That's 2 shells a day you need to be building between now and the 4th!! I have 92 left to build, and 40 of them are 5's and 6's! DOH!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...