db5086

This is what I have in my notes:

Lift Powder

Burst

Black Match

Star Comps

Primers

Rocket Fuels

What's missing? I'm cleaning up and organizing my notes so if you see something missing feel free to chime in.

Thats kind of a retoricle question . What isnt bp used for is more a Question . Im sure your not getting much replys , being kind of a silly Q. Almost seems like some one requesting a spoon feeding . There is really no reason to clutter the site with new posts on silly questions.

I'm really not sure why you're asking this? Surely reading through some of the pyrotechnics literature would suffice in answering your question?

BP is used for just about everything, it is essential to the art.

A few of the more notable missing uses are in gerbs/fountain type compositions. It's also used as a base for a lot of spinning fireworks and shell or mine inserts and garnitures. Spolettes are another place were BP finds a lot of use. As others have mentioned, it'd probably be easier to make a list of the things that black powder is NOT used for.

That's a pretty difficult question. I can't seem to figure out a single use for Black Powder in pyrotechnics! I'll get back to you on that one.

I know you think you're being clever, but sarcasm comes through poorly in text. Moreover, don't be a smartass when you don't have the clout to back it up.

• Like 1

Just looking at this post I would say Mumbles is a great guy.

I know you think you're being clever, but sarcasm comes through poorly in text. Moreover, don't be a smartass when you don't have the clout to back it up.

Well said Mumbles. I have been guilty of undue sarcasm at times too.

We are all here to help each other to put fire into the sky, not to light flames against each other as some forums do.