Composition Type: Flash Powder
Creator: Titanium
Color/Effect: bright and strong flash powder with a pinkish color

The Composition: (by weight)

KClO4 - 40

SrSO4 - 30

Dark Al - 32.5

total 102.5

Any Precautions/Incompatabilities: It's a flash Powder so handle it with safety, only mix using diaper method and avoid large batches and static, if you're new to pyro don't start with flash.
Precedure/Preparation: My SrSO4 was homemade and a little bit clumpy so I milled it alone, if your KClO4 isn't fine enough you can mill them together, but NEVER mill oxidizers together with metals like Al.

Then mix them together using diaper method.

It's a strong flash powder, even small amounts will go of in a POOF so handle with care.

Good to make inserts or bottom shots with a pinkish color.

Edited by Titanium

Sounds nice thank you.

Did you do any test for sensitivity. How much fire will the flash need to get started (e.g. timefuse is enough, or primed timefuse, bag of 2g bp)?

Yes I would say it's sensitivity is the same as 70/30 or maybe even a bit less, timefuse should be enough to set it of, but if you want to be on the safe side priming your fuse should be good :)

Edited by Titanium

• 1 month later...

Seems good, but do you have any videos of the composition ?

When I tried something similar, after a few weeks it ended up to be more reddish.

• 3 weeks later...

No, I don't have a Video of it, I can try to make a photo of the color.

In my experience the red is a bit washed out and with the white color of the flash it looks very pink, I think it would be possible to make it more reddish by adding some PVC or Parlon but that would probably decrease the burn rate.