APC Forum

Lift Charge to be used in a confetti

pyrodoc

Hi,

I want to make a confetti for an Indian festival holi.

I don't want to make flash. The contents of the confetti tube will be colored paper pieces and gulal or coloured powder.

Pyrodoc

Then the best bet will propably be to make the shells like an aerial mine?

Build one side of the shell with a strong bottom, bp on one side of the shell a divider disc, confetti and a weak disc on the other side.

• Like 1

The above video shows what I want to make. The above confetti was made by a another pyrotechie.

These are very easy to make and work well. A launch tube for the 1 3/4 festival balls will work well. 1 teaspoon of 2f or 3f black powder even cannon will work-more is NOT better here-just a teaspoon will be plenty-- I use the small paper drinking cups that are wax coated and you will need at least two over the powder open side down over the powder- one inside the other-double cups-- make a couple paper discs that sit over the cups next, not too tight-- load the colored chalk powder next, not much more than two tablespoons will work just fine, a lot more will act like a plug when fired and burst the tube--another paper disc on top of colored chalk powder--then load your shredded paper confetti on top of last disc--Always keep the shredded paper loose in the tube, not too much so as to plug the tube when fired-- very important to make sure everything will slide out without much force so as not to blow out the bottom or sides of launch tube. A cup of confetti will do for the average confetti shot like this one. Smaller confetti will work better than large here. A cross-cut shredder that is used in office works well for making the confetti and mixing some large glitter with it. Never point at anyone for the disc or the paper could cause damage to someones face or eyes--remember it is just a small mortar. These can be fired with green visco or electric match, which is put in first with the powder charge from the bottom side hole. Practice with these before you ever use them to show someone. Be safe building and firing them. Wear eye protection when building, a must. Have fun and let me know how you like them. Regards---

• 2 weeks later...

Your welcome----???

Hi Pyrocoyote

I will be trying your method after my flare and fountain projects are over.

Thanks for all the help.

Best regards.

Great. You can also up-scale this same design with larger tubes as long as they are strong. I use HDPE for the 3" and larger. Powder and other componants are multiplied up by the inch size. (3" 2 1/2 tablespoons of black) etc. Anyway enjoy. Stay safe.