APC Forum

Importing Foreign Fireworks

AldoSPyro

Hey guys,

I like to collect old, rare, overloaded, and foreign firecrackers and fireworks. I found a person in europe who will sell me a few samples of the firecrackers they have there, but I'm not sure customs shares my enthusiasm. Do you think a small package with a few fireworks (fp3, cobra 6) would make it through customs. Or do you think I should just forget it and hope one magically shows up at a swap meet.

I guess you're from outside of the EU.

Chances are VERY HIGH, that customs will inspect your package.

To be honest, I have no idea what I am talking about.

I'm from the EU myself, and the general rule here is that any packages from "outside" are likely to being opened by the customs.

Count that double, if the package is from the US.

Edited by Ubehage

Do not try that. Way too high risk.

Only if they are dummies.

But some can be gotten in the US. Best way is to get your atf licence and them buy them legally.

Also from personal experience the cobras are way to overated. Fp3 the same since fenix stopped producing them.

Yeah but just to say that you have a cobra 6 is pretty unique here in the US, also I saw a youtuber in the US who had a cobra 6 and a bunch of french crackers that made it through US customs, I wonder what the percentage of packages they check. I mean if its just a really tiny box (cobra 6s really aren't that large) do you think they will even bother, cause they get millions of packages per month so I think they would get tired and just let some pass. Also cobra 6 has very thin walls so it would mass explode in an incident so they are classified as 1.1, Impossible to legally get in the US because no one will ship 1.1 overseas even if you have a license, its the reason you don't see 12" shells from china in the US anymore, they are all made in the US or Mexico . Maybe Ill just buy them Inert and fill them when they are in the US.

Edited by AldoSPyro