Parlon 16
MgAl 14
Redgum/Dex. 4

Any Precautions/Incompatabilities: very fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goK3RAEyBhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuTRm_W5Mo0

in 4.&5. shells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URWlF1OXDMc

here was in 1st group of 4" shells, very bright (distance 600m)

Edited by nt8

The aqua is nice and a good aqua. I know cameras can be deceiving but that blue looked amazing in the last video. Have a formula you would share? Do you feel that is an accurate representation of the color? That's the closest to a cop light blue I've seen in a while.

Is it possible it is much more to the green side in real life ?

I just tested one on the ground, was much more to green.

All colors has specific wavelenght, this is objective thing, but the peoples senses differently the colors, this is subjective. Which for me is light blue, for you is greenish blue. (or extrem thing, i have a friend, who almost is color-blind, he senses the colors barely. therefore i have made lot of titan, glitter&charcoal stasr in NYE shells, what he like :) )

Other thing, the video made about 600m. other distance, other hue.

This star for me is a bit greenish light blue. :)

The aqua is nice and a good aqua. I know cameras can be deceiving but that blue looked amazing in the last video. Have a formula you would share? Do you feel that is an accurate representation of the color? That's the closest to a cop light blue I've seen in a while.

The blue at 0:28?

Very nice man! I am gonna try it for sure! :) Your shells are perfect! I am curious but what size stars do you use in your 4" shells? They are "snappy" and "quick".. I like em. Also what prime?

Very nice man! I am gonna try it for sure! :) Your shells are perfect! I am curious but what size stars do you use in your 4" shells? They are "snappy" and "quick".. I like em. Also what prime?

Thank you @braddsn :) The stars in my 4" shells have been 8-10mm if colored, and 10-14mm if tailed usually, except changing stars, these were 15-16mm. (4" shells was just the 3rd video, in 2nd video was 3")

The one color stars was cutted, prime: 1st layer KP hot prime, 2nd layer lift grade meal. (the cutted star lit easy).

The rolled stars prime: color/KP hot prime step layers - KP hot prime layer - KP hot prime/BP prime step layers - BP prime layer - and final, the "scrapy" BP layer, this makes successful ignition, even if the break is too hard.

Yep, that's the one. Looks great in the video.

The blue seems maybe too good, maybe because this was away from the camera. And that you said: "cameras can be deceiving", i agree with you.

But i think this is a good perchlorate blue. This is modified Pihko blue comp., KP/CuO/parlon/redgum: 60/15/15/10.

nt8 thanks for the great info! You were saying in the rolled stars prime, the final layer was a "scrapy" bp layer? What does that mean? Do you mean scratch mix?? Please explain this "scrapy" layer. Thanks!

nt8 thanks for the great info! You were saying in the rolled stars prime, the final layer was a "scrapy" bp layer? What does that mean? Do you mean scratch mix?? Please explain this "scrapy" layer. Thanks!

The surface of the final prime layer must be scrapy! I will continue in prime topic

• 2 weeks later...

Nt8, Im gonna make these tonight. Falling in love with them.

What size did you use for 4"?

:D

I use for 4" 8-10 mm single color cutted stars.

and 12-14 mm tailed stars (cut, pump, or roll), 10-14mm changing stars,

I cut 10mm stars for 3", maybe a bit too big. Added 4,5% Ti.

Also, I just made melilac and groundtested it, wow! Such a nice color, just have to love it.

Thanks for sharing! You will see a 4" melilac multibreak in my thread soon ;)

+3" aqua.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...