APC Forum

New England Paper Tube - Group Buy

ddewees

Looking to put together a NEPT group buy in the next few weeks. So far, sizes look like 1lb (thin walled), 3lb and 6lb. Sizes will be the same as from Hobby Horse, but prices will be cost direct from NEPT.

Let me know if you're interested, and we'll get you put on the list.

Thanks,

Dan

I thought NEPT was no more?

What thickness wall is a "thin" 1# tube? Would they make decent tubes for drivers or rockets?

Yeah, it's the normal 1/8 size. HH sells a thicker tube also in that size, but I think most prefer the standard (thin) size.

Thanks, DD. Yeah, I'm interested in some if the deal goes down.

For the 1# tubes, I do prefer the heavy walled ones Jim sells for gerbs. The thin ones are just fine for rockets, but burn through with longer burn times.

F Mel. He deserves to go out of business. Prices for 1, 3 & 6 pound tubes respectively... $3.50, $7.25 and $12.10.

That's for 1000-2500 tubes per size.

Yikes! It was a good try but at those qtys you'd think the price would be a bit lower.

Indeed. I don't know what he's thinking. I got quotes back in may for half those prices. I guess I'll keep going through Jim until the next fiasco.

$3.50 for one 1lb tube? ouch! If it was a 3ft`er it wouldnt be quite so bad.

I do believe they are 36" or perhaps 30". DD? What length were they?

I was assuming that price was for longer tubes. Before this price hike, a purchased tube, stick and 3" Lidu hemi for a 3/4" motor cost me just under $1 including getting the materials shipped to me. The end result with chems was an affordable rocket. Of course, money isn't everything in a hobby where the goal is to burn it up, but I still don't enjoy wasting money. I do like the high quality NEPT, but if others are available at better prices and do the job, I will use them instead.