APC Forum

Any usable Fuse labeled UN0336 ?

Sparx88

I looked around and have only found 1 that was paper (lance) brand I believe. Anything available right now that would comparable to safety fuse with the un0336?

Pretty certain BIGS brand still makes a safety fuse that's UN0336, it is sold in 20ft rolls. They also sell the pink quickfuse, and paper firecracker type fuse.

http://www.hooksettfireworks.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/Fuse%20Cannon%20Visco.jpg

From what I have heard, you should expect to see a lot more fuse being packaged and labeled with UN numbers in the near future.

I have a bunch of 20 ft rolls of safety fuse that are labeled as 1.4S UN0105. The 1.4S is a small arms designation and UN0105 is for safety fuse. This it's Shogun brand and I probably have other brands but will have to look.

But this stuff is made to sell in fireworks stands across the U.S. and its probably mainly used to daisy chain pieces together. I would think it should remain legal for quite some time with the small arms designation?

I have to say that I'm surprised at visco being classified as a "firework" which is what the 0336 means. I'm much more inclined to believe the 0105 that FMB quotes, as it's fuse non detonating.