APC Forum

Do You Remember When Turbo-Pyro Book was released for free?

patsroom

Along time ago I remember when the Turbo-Pyro booklet was released here on this forum. It was given to us as a gift for a short period so that we could download a copy.

Any way I wanted to help my 9 yr.old grandson into the pyro hobby and remember the copy I save somewhere on my computer. So I dug it out of some long and forgotten place that hid the bits in my flash drive.

We have just finished the first one on sparklers and I must say that I found this to be a good starting place to begin from. The sparkler was so much better than a store bought one and was really so easy to make, I can not wait for by grandson to get back to here so we can make a fountain together. Really had fun doing this and sharing the hobby.

And I learn to make touch paper, on top of that to make it even a little better (I rubbed the potassium soak paper after it was dried into the sparkler powder a little) and it burned really nice from it too!

The touch paper was used as the fuse (Working well for that as a fuse I must add!) I am quite sure that using touch paper and the sparkler powder that it could be made into a very good firecracker fuse. I am going to have to test that soon now. :) very :) .......................Pat

Along time ago I remember when the Turbo-Pyro booklet was released here on this forum. It was given to us as a gift for a short period so that we could download a copy.

Any way I wanted to help my 9 yr.old grandson into the pyro hobby and remember the copy I save somewhere on my computer. So I dug it out of some long and forgotten place that hid the bits in my flash drive.

We have just finished the first one on sparklers and I must say that I found this to be a good starting place to begin from. The sparkler was so much better than a store bought one and was really so easy to make, I can not wait for by grandson to get back to here so we can make a fountain together. Really had fun doing this and sharing the hobby.

And I learn to make touch paper, on top of that to make it even a little better (I rubbed the potassium soak paper after it was dried into the sparkler powder a little) and it burned really nice from it too!

The touch paper was used as the fuse (Working well for that as a fuse I must add!) I am quite sure that using touch paper and the sparkler powder that it could be made into a very good firecracker fuse. I am going to have to test that soon now. :) very :) .......................Pat

I still have a lot of the kit left if interested...

I still have a lot of the kit left if interested...

Thank you. I find the offer interesting, I must say that I have none of the kit at all but I have a lot of sulfur and potassium. I did downloaded a copy of the book and I think it is a really good place to first for a beginner(AKA my grandson). I have very slowly work into buying the chemicals that are need for what few projects I have done and when something calls for tooling I find what works the best that I can find. I will shoot a PM over to you to find out about the kit from you. Once again I Thank You..Pat

Yupper, Ill send what I can find for shipping, three kids made stuff with it, time to send it on to the next family. Besides, the girl now kicks my butt in rockets!

Cute. Rockets, that is. The entity in the middle... It looks like it has a sour surprise in it's mouth. Next time, let it spit first?

Dagabu... Guess you did more then one thing well, she looks like she likes rocketry. Good luck with that ;- )

B!

Cute. Rockets, that is. The entity in the middle... It looks like it has a sour surprise in it's mouth. Next time, let it spit first?

Dagabu... Guess you did more then one thing well, she looks like she likes rocketry. Good luck with that ;- )

B!

Yes, she will definitely be one to beat at PGI. It was her very first convention and she placed 6th overall and ahead of TWO Grandmasters. ;)

She and some others her age are the next generation of leadership in the PGI, good people with integrity and chutzpah!