APC Forum

4" Blond Streamer with rising comet (video)

braddsn

I am thinkin' I might roll those stars a tad bigger. They burn pretty fast! I love this comp... beautiful in the sky!

I got a suggestion I have done and really like, Roll hand mixed bp prime over those. Nice and thick.. at least 1/16th if not a freckle more.

It will make your stars burn longer and get rid of the bushy burst. no one ever says anything about it but i notice it every time. a lot of the star is consumed in the burst and they let out sparkles and such inside the center of the display making it look ( messy) to me. I had the same issue of what i thought weren't big enough stars and this made me more than pleased with them. If you think I'm silly just try it with enough stars for one shell, that will take less than ten minutes to roll on them. shoot them the next night and you'll see your stars are fine... :)

Oh, that was pretty.... Shows up nice on camera.

Edited by calebkessinger
  • Like 1

those ARE pretty! Nice bushy tail. Something similar to these are what's used in palm shells? Is this the Bleser comp you mentioned earlier? Have you been running your quick fuse past the comets? Your rising effect timing looks perfect.

Roger, my rising comets are finally coming together. I am a big fan of them, because to me, it kinda doubles the display. You get a nice comet, plus a shell! I do not run the fuse past them. I pump 3/4" comets with a pump, (in this particular case, a bleser blonde comet), then when they are dry, I dip the tip of them in water, then right into KP hot prime, then right into a little pile of 4FA to give rough texture. They work great and ignite just from the lift gasses. :) Thanks for the compliments!

And yeah, the comp is just Bleser Blond Streamer.

Najs brad!

Love that effect, i agree its similar to those in a palm tree. I think the timing of your stars was nice, any longer and they would start falling I suspect.

Wanna share the comp? Otherwise im sure PF have it in their db.

Good job, keepem coming :)

Edit, looks like the comp is c6 with feti? This correct?

I honestly thought it was a white comp..

Edited by enanthate

Very nice! I love the comet.

• Like 1

I'm with you Brad, I love rising comets and other rising effects. It makes it easier to track with a camera as well.

• Like 1