APC Forum

Deal or no deal?

otto

Consummated a deal that began about a month ago. Ran into a series of changed minds and bad timing only to finally seal the deal. You can tell me if the investment was worth it.`Asked $400 on CL countered $100, counter was $200 I said $125..... Here's what it looks like:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee417/esox_xtm/00r0r_3czbkjcmTXA_600x450_zps6bf28746.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee417/esox_xtm/00Q0Q_duJ7PDqQVSi_600x450_zps844de4cb.jpg

No motor but that's OK, I got motors. There was another lapidary gizmo I really have no interest in but it was part of the deal. Some sort of vibratory polishing thing. It has a motor.... we'll see. Manufacturer is Lortone and the drums are the 15# versions.

How's I do?

Are you saying that you got it for $125.00? If so, Id say good job! Even without a motor. You can use the vib. thing to hook up a screen to it to screen chems.

Yup, a buck 25 was the deal. I've got a motor I know I can use for the mill. Now I gotta pour more lead.... Good call on the vibrator, I think there's possibilities. I was pleased.

otto, the drums are worth more than what you paid, especially if the rubber liners are in good shape.

You did good!

The lapidary tool is used to polish gemstone or rock slab faces similar to what is used in some bookends or drink coasters. Normally, a carborundum slurry of ascending grit size is poured onto the wheel and then the slab is placed for polishing.

Edited by Bobosan
  • Like 1

I would say the drums alone would run twice that. without the base! Way to go!!!

Sounds like you make your own lead media, I have some if you don't.

Homerun for You!!!

Uhh... I might wanna buy the polisher !! Is it perfectly flat? what size is it? Would you even sell it?

let me do some checking if you are interested in selling it.

Thanks, Caleb

I just picked this up today on my way to "work". I'm a regional resource so I'll be away from home for the week so I won't really have time to assess the condition until into next week. For those of you that travel it's worthwhile checking CL for interesting deals while on the road. I couldn't believe she hadn't sold it in a month.... testament to clean living ;)

Yup, I have been pouring my own media, I've got 40+ pounds of .50 balls in straight foundry type. 3 jars like that I'll have to buy more lead. If I decide to part with the polisher you'll be the first to know Caleb.

Bobosan, this might have come from your backyard (Porter IN), the early bird gets it. I've seen your mill, this would have fit right in,.

Things are looking up....

Porter, IN is way up north by Lake Michigan. Lot of rockhounds, gemists and mineral collectors around here though.

Got more than my back can handle running one 15lb jar full of lead and material at a time. :D

Nice to hit a home run every now and then otto, congrats!!! :)