APC Forum

cool video...

ddewees

At first I didn't think much of this video, but when it was replayed at 240 fps it was actually pretty cool. The piano was nice too.

I wish it had a timer running so you can get an idea of how much time has elapsed in slow motion.

Those vanes in the thrust stream must be a fairly exotic material. The running water was probably the only thing that saved the data and I bet most of the camera damage happened before it fell from the mount. I guess the running water is to try and protect the stand as much as possible?

It would be nice to know a little of the data collected on the motor. It didn't seem all that powerful, especially at first, for its size. But I guess flame whipping around doesn't tell the whole story but I imagined a much more defined jet coming out the motor.

Looks like they have a few more tweaks to do. I have an uncle who worked with the Pratt and Whitney RL10 engine and man what a nice piece of art that machine is, nothing like liquid fuel. Course it is the solid fuel rockets that do all the heavy lifting. Though this rocket here looks to have malfunctioned from the start seeing that relief valve kick open.