APC Forum

New Years Eve...getting ready?

asdercks

Setting off car alarms is always a good sign. :P

I'm not sure i agree. Shooting home made pyro in a public area with innocent "bystanders" and properties seams like a good way to bring home some more bad reputation for the creative pyro's, especially if something should go wrong at any point.

Girls are funny... :)

That, my friend, they are.

Anyway. I was just thinking out loud.

B!

I know I shouldn't be shooting in a public place, but lucky for me my neighbors are cool about it because they get to enjoy a pyroshow on NYE and they know this is the only month I shoot pyro :)

Here is an update as requested. These are the ball shells 3-8 inch. Now to get into the cylinders, multibreaks :)

post-18705-0-45914100-1419081580_thumb.jpg

Edited by jessoman
  • Like 2

What, no fuse no lift at all? :-)

Just kidding, looks great, how did you paste 'em?

11 Day to go until NYE, just hope you've enough time for those cannisters.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so everything is good to go, well I still have to build a rack, I just hope it doesn't rain tomorrow :)

post-14383-0-49970100-1419990049_thumb.jpg

post-14383-0-70041600-1419990083_thumb.jpg

Edited by asdercks
  • Like 1

I'm pretty close to ready for tomorrow. I picked up about 20 pounds of steaks and sausage and a couple cases of beer. The liquor cabinet never gets too low for some reason! Maybe I'll make a lance pc but not too sure on that yet. Anything pyro right now is time consuming, but the wife needs some additional training. :P Its fun supervising sometimes! I figure I can cook and she can assemble.

• Like 1

I have been so involved in making all the fireworks that I totally forgot about the food and beer :) I hope my girlfriend surprises me with delicious meal

Protective clothing for spectators pyrotechnics. :D

Here is my setup. Same as 4th of july.

http://www.myhostedpics.com/images/dynomike1/img02391.jpg

• Like 1

Hi All,

Happy New Year !

a few ball shells and rockets from NYE 2014. (I had to video the ball shells myself, so the angle on a few is....)

Matt

Rockets :

Ball shells:

• Like 1

mkn that gold star shell was quite nice! Your lift could be a bit more though. Just add a spoon or two ;)

yes the lift was low on a few, it was the first time I used fashioned paper lift cups and homemade QM. Upon investigating after I found lift cup debris in the bottom of mortars preventing reloaded shells from fully seating in the mortar. The shells were a mix of leftovers from last winter when I first started this hobby.

Matt

You started this hobby just over a year ago?? In that case, you did pretty good! Most people would need 5 - 10 years for the same result. Including myself!

Thanks ! Yes its has been a quick year. I don't like to let the grass grow under my feat :)

• Like 1