APC Forum

Chemistry of Strobes and strobing flame

Arthur

I'm looking for a good explanation of the chemistry of strobing flames. Can anyone offer me a link to a respected article on the topic or does anyone care to write one.

http://publications.tno.nl/publication/101057/tJCUnn/corbel-2013-new-038.pdf

Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but hope it helps.

Edited by BurritoBandito

I'm looking for a good explanation of the chemistry of strobing flames. Can anyone offer me a link to a respected article on the topic or does anyone care to write one.

Dr Shimizu wrote an excellent study and description of the strobe effect in Pyrotechnica (I don't remember which issue).

WSM B)

Isn't it as simple as when it burns, it chokes itself with co2, but the heated metalpowders are glowing, which sets the star on fire again, which chokes itself again, and so on.

Just a silly theory I guess.

Isn't it as simple as when it burns, it chokes itself with co2, but the heated metalpowders are glowing, which sets the star on fire again, which chokes itself again, and so on.

Just a silly theory I guess.

No need to read that study now..... why you trying to complicate things Burrito??? :P

I'm just an ass like that.
  • Like 1

That was a good article though, thank you.

No need to read that study now..... why you trying to complicate things Burrito??? :P

It was a simplified version, shut up :P

Edited by enanthate

It was a simplified version, shut up :P

Yes it is a simple version. It really is a shame that it's a simple version of something that is not even remotely correct for pyrotechnics though.