APC Forum

WPA Do It 2014

Peret

Wet wet wet ... At least the howling wind has stopped.

Wednesday, howling winds. Thursday, slightly less howling - A few rockets were pressed. Friday, Ah! Perfect. I made 3 batches of stars and 4 rockets, and Mrs P made a six inch shell. Being uncertain of the weather, we shot them last night.

Saturday, cloud ceiling at rooftop and steady rain that looks like it's here for the day. Motel parking lot is still full of pyro vehicles at 10am. I'll be off to the site in a mo to see if any of my stuff got washed away.

It seems to be coming from the north. The temperature dropped over 30 degrees in a few hours.

We made 2 more rockets and 4 shells today before packing it in about 3pm. Most others thought the same, except for a couple of hardcore. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get my car out, seeing other 4x4s getting stuck in slippery mud and having to be towed out, but I put it in low-4wd and cruised up the slippery slope no problem.

I must admit , even being a "hard-core " pyro.... It was a very challenging event. I lost a pop up as did a couple others , and mostly was trying to secure our tents and gear form the rain and crazy gusts of win. I was surprised we had any break in the weather, and where able to build a couple of the "big " shells. Heck we had to cut-out the 1st day, it was so bad. By far this was the worst weather I have experienced at the event. I hope next year offers a better forecast /.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Holy crap! Had to be one of the coolest fireworks I have ever seen!!! What a project!

• 2 weeks later...
Gotta love Rockets!!!