APC Forum

Californiapyro (Hunter) Accident in Nevada

dagabu

This weekend has been one of trial for Hunter (Califonriapyro of Fireworktools.com). From a trusted source at the scene, a star dropped a spark into an open tub of coated rice hulls causing a fire, Maserface and Californiapyro received 1st and 2nd degree burns, were treated on site and released.

Hunter was then driving out of the area when he took evasive action to avoid a collision and rolled his truck. It sounds like his beat up pretty bad but otherwise OK.

Hunters quote from Fireworking, "Well let me end the speculation, then. I'm currently at a Salt Lake Area Pyros shoot, and earlier today during manufacturing a star was thrown by another club member, and a stray spark landed in a bucket of rice hulls. My entire manufacturing area burnt to the ground, Maserface and I have first and second degree burns, everyone else is fine. Luckily all the pre-orders are safe, but my truck caught on fire and I lost over $1,500 in chems and tooling. Lightning struck twice, I suppose. Thankfully everyone is alive and well- the rest can be replaced."

And again, "Well the saga continues... on the way out of the shoot site, I swerved to avoid a bobcat in the road and ended up flipping my truck a couple times. What a day, eh? My neck is awful sore, so I'll probably be visiting the hospital tomorrow, then flying out. Or something. Not really sure at this point. I think the pyro gods may be trying to tell me something."

I woul appreciate it if you all could give Hunter some time to sort out the losses and get your items delivered. He needs our support now, please keep this in mind when waiting for items from Fireworktools.

Godspeed Hunter,

Dave

• Like 1

Best wishes on a speedy recovery for Hunter.

Geez...I know this a dangerous hobby...but we really seem to be having a bad run around here. I suppose I should be looking at it not as an "if" I have an accident...but trying to minimze any potential accident to be as minimal as humanly possible.

Oh com ON!

WTF is going on. Have you guys not been doing your sacrificial duties to the pyro gods? Ok, so we went over the whole spiritual thing earlier, with me clearly stating i'm a none believer, but heck, it sort of looks like there is something there from time to time...

If you have more contact with Hunter, and / or Maserface, send them "get well, soon" wishes from Sweden.

I sure hope insurance covers parts of the truck crash accident damages, but the fire stuff might be waived by the fact that he was at a shoot... Not sure how that works over there. I'm thinking mainly about property damage here. Since he needs it to get back in to "production" so to speak.

B!

Sorry. Best wishes for you guys.

a star was thrown by another club member, and a stray spark landed in a bucket of rice hulls

How can somebody do such a thing in such a place :wacko:

On the other hand, in theory, such accidents should be avoidable, I'm more afraid of these seemingly "inexplicable" explosions that where reported here...

I sure hope insurance covers parts of the truck crash accident damages

In my country insurance companies often deny paying for that kind of accident. That's why people usually recommand never to evade smaller animals ect. but rather run them over if you cannot brake in time.

Whoa, that really sucks! CaliforniaPyro and Maserface, I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope everything turns out well.

Dag, do you ever feel like deaths messenger?

Whoa, that really sucks! CaliforniaPyro and Maserface, I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope everything turns out well.

Dag, do you ever feel like deaths messenger?

(insert evil laugh here) Why, NO, I haven't even thought of such a thing!

Here is to a quick comeback for Hunter and Maserface.

Matt

Glad to hear you guys are OK, what a day, djeez, sometimes Murphy's law really does exist!

My best wishes to Hunter, Maserface, and their families.

Any word on if his truck survived?

My best wishes to Hunter, Maserface, and their families.

Any word on if his truck survived?

It survived some what. Both doors wouldn't open, and the cab was partially crushed. I think he was going to call a wrecking yard and have it scrapped.

Really scary. I hope you both heal quickly and fully.

Another reminder that we are far from invincible. Stay safe everyone.

I'm glad you are looking at this with a positive attitude Maserface. Or at least that's what I took from "YOLO"

Watch out for chemicals in them burns, assuming you're not both having long breaks from pyro :)

God bless both of you! I'll pray for you two.

I for one would have been better off physically never having smelt the smoke but the real life stuff like friendship, joy, knowledge and community would have been lost. I would not trade my scars if I had to give that all away. My accident should never scare a person away, if it does, they are not ready anyway. My story should frighten people to the point of being lawful and being careful, wearing their PPE.

With%2Bmask.jpg

• Like 2

+1
  • Like 1