APC Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. ifixs

Let’s see your BP!

hello what is your composition because even with a ball mill I can't see this result
  3. Zumber

Sodium Oxalate Yellow.

Yes it reacts with magnelium/magnesium and boric acid gives no protection against it. I have experienced heating mixture that contains sodium oxlate and magnelium. You dont use aluminium powder, sodium oxlate is hygrocopic and Nitrate in yellow formulation reacts with aluminium if it is uncoated ( in India sterin coated aluminium is common). With only sodium oxlate you dont get yellow colour you need some oxidizer ( barium or potassium nitrate) in it.
  4. Chandan123

Sodium Oxalate Yellow.

sodium oxalate have no reaction with aluminium.
  5. Chandan123

Sodium Oxalate Yellow.

yes that is taken care of by boric acid.
  6. Zumber

Whistle Motor Construction (and some other questions)

Whistle is extremely powderful and sensitive mixture. You must not even screen it with sieve you will need paraffin oil/ mineral oil to reduce its sensitivity while mixing and pressing. Also needs personal protective screen or remote press to press whistle. And whistle needs no nozzle at all.....it is nozzleless..
  7. So far I've had pretty good results with BP motors...4oz core burner with 60:30:10-ish comp; 4oz end burner hot ballmilled BP; 1 pound hybrid with hot BP. Next up I think I want to try whistle (strobe will be last if ever as I hear it can be difficult to dial in, avoid CATO, etc...) First simple question - I have whistle tooling (4oz.) Do I need to press a nozzle for a whistle motor with whistle tooling? I also have 3/4" 1# hybrid tooling I believe can make whistle motors, but again would it need a nozzle? Would the comp need any adjustments due to tooling not being "true" whistle tooling? I figure I'd start with a potassium benzoate comp as I've made it before into a whistling-pete fountain, and it was very loud! (and an aside...end burner vs core-burner. all things being optimized for each construction (hottest comp core-burn can take w/o popping; 75-15-10 ball-milled BP with eastern red cedar charcoal. Which rocket flies higher? end-burner or core-burner?) Thanks!
  8. Yesterday
  9. ThunderEx

flash powder

kno3/AL/s flash can also be very,very energetic if confined a bit.... stay safe!
  10. TheSidewinder

How to reply to the topic

You should be able to reply to any Topic when you first sign up. After the first content item is added, you become a full member, which you are now. As a full member, you can (as you see) also create Topics. But we do require posting in English. Please do so going forward. Thank you for your cooperation.
  11. 如何回复主题😅
  12. Hello, I would like to know how to make Ammonium Perchlorate because I live in France and I cannot find the product. I need this product to make the star base. if you know of another way without using ammonium perchlorate, I'm interested
  13. Zumber

flash powder

I am not sure but flash powder topic for begineer has been locked last week.
  14. sepehr1

flash powder

Are you sure HE means explosives that travel over 5000 sq km per second and produce gas too
  15. Zumber

flash powder

Okay but it should be discussed in HE section ( Correct me ). As you are begineer. Stay safe.
  16. sepehr1

flash powder

Ok thank u for your advice, but I once made a little batch of kno3/AL/s flash it just burnt at slow rate just generated some sparks and a Bright light
  17. Zumber

flash powder

Then dont just attempt to prepare any kind of flash. Any Flash powder is extremely energatic and detonates if confined burns at extreme speed in open and friction and impact sensitivity and most important is aluminium powder. Stay away and try out black powder type formulations. Its not the right time to go for flash.
  18. sepehr1

flash powder

yes but i have done some research
  19. Zumber

flash powder

Are you begineer?
  20. sepehr1

flash powder

I know that I should use the diaper method stay away from electronics and metals use PPE and anti-static and be very gentle with the powder isn't it enough?
  21. Zumber

flash powder

If you are begineer and new stay away from flash. Read flash powder safety notes first. It works well but stay away if you dont have experience.
  22. sepehr1

flash powder

hello found this in an old book is this a good fp composition i was planning to prepare 1 gram of it for a firecracker
  23. Zumber

Sodium Oxalate Yellow.

You can make yellow ( generally towards golden more than yellow) Out of it but sodium oxalate is basic in nature and it readily reacts in presence of water and might heat up composition.
  24. Zumber

Swimming red star.

Just wet and knead it well so that you can make ball out of it not to sticky not too dry and put water resistant paper over it and make it flat using wooden rolling pin so that you can cut it to make cut star. There is no proper amount of nc....
  25. Zumber

How to insert fuse?

Why exactly triangle shape you preferred? 'It turned to a fast fountain' did you punched large hole to insert fuse? What type of composition you used for it?
  26. All10Fingers

How to insert fuse?

Tie a knot and fold the paper around it.
  27. Chandan123

Sodium Oxalate Yellow.

can any one have decent yellow star with sodium oxalate?
  1. Load more activity