APC Forum

BurritoBandito

Hell, maybe he'll split it with you...

I still can't get over the "coincidence"

ddewees, having a hard time believing you actually think this. Just not right.

• Like 1

Hell, maybe he'll split it with you...

I still can't get over the "coincidence"

Please share why you feel this way? I live in Minnesota, about 2000 miles from BB, we have never met and have only spoken once on the phone a couple days after he lost his finger. I spend a month in a coma in the Regions Hospital Burn Unit and have had several surgeries to get me back to the world.

BB was hurt 14 months later half a country away. Just because he is just about the kindest person you will ever meet and put a website together to help out a fellow pyro he never met is a "coincidence"?

Why?

• Like 1

He saw your accident/injury and took it upon himself to coordinate a donation/charity drive... only to find himself in a very similar situation. I find that to be a coincidence.

You blew your face off, he blew his finger off... both very similar events surrounded by working with the same material.

I have no idea what you are talking about though... not sure what his location has to do with anything.

What I'm basically saying is, BB could probably use the same type of support he initiated himself for you... maybe that's irony.

He saw your accident/injury and took it upon himself to coordinate a donation/charity drive... only to find himself in a very similar situation. I find that to be a coincidence.

You blew your face off, he blew his finger off... both very similar events surrounded by working with the same material.

I have no idea what you are talking about though... not sure what his location has to do with anything.

What I'm basically saying is, BB could probably use the same type of support he initiated himself for you... maybe that's irony.

Maybe you are a dick!

• Like 1

Why am I a dick? All I was trying to say (or point out) was my amazement that BB was sitting in a hospital bed after having a fireworks accident, trying to encourage people to help out someone else who had an accident. It thought it was a great gesture...

If you're talking about me using the phrase "blew his face off", how is that any different than saying BB blew his finger off? If you're just sensitive, and I offended you... then I apologize.

I think the quotation marks around the word coincidence conveyed an accusative tone. Paired with the "Hell, maybe he'll split it with you" comment the implication was obvious. Maybe you didn't mean it like that, but that's how it reads.
  • Like 1

Oh. That's not what I meant. I would never suggest either of you were pulling a sham. The quotes around coincidence was because I don't believe in coincidences...

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and hope you both heal quickly.

I'm willing to leave it at that.

To get things back on topic, there are 10 days left on the fundraiser. Please feel free to make a donation or share the event on your facebook page. Thanks again.

6 more days.

Dew, I didn't catch a sarcastic tone in your statement. I read it like you meant it.

• Like 1

51 hours left to donate.

Thank you eekAmouse for your contribution.

It's almost over, the donations along with personal gifts, the incredible auction on Fireworking and my sales on eBay have allowed us to pay all the bills off! Keep in mind that I have very good insurance, my share was just shy if $25,000.00 and we just sent in the last payment before we headed out to do a work project up north.

I still have several surgeries pending with three scheduled for September, I have the copay sitting in savings and will be able to get that paid off by October when the bills roll in.

Thank all for helping, there is NO WAY we could have pulled this off without you!

Dave

• Like 1