APC Forum

1lb nzless rockets

dan999ification

Red ring to reports with ti comet and glitter pistil.

http://youtu.be/2d3qtzD6dhI

2" Red with white streamers.

http://youtu.be/fEH5A5ynPmk

3" dp

http://youtu.be/vWWKO3Gh3pA

All three shells had different break charges ( in descriptions)

Comments suggestions and honest criticism are welcome. There is always room For improvement.

Dan.

awesome dan love the comet on the frst one cant quite tell how you fused it but worked really well it fell away from the motor so it lit up the smoke trail i really liked that

but awesome shells is hard to get cans looking like that let alone without pasting or spiking on the second one very nice

may i ask what is apatura i take it, it is just 70/30 but have not heard the term before

Nice rockets, good job Dan!

Leedrill, Apertura is 35% kno3 35%Kclo4 30% Dark al. It's more powerful than Nitrate flash, but less powerful than standart 70/30.

Those are all great rockets Dan! The ring of reports was definitely the best IMO. The only suggestion I can think of is BIGGER SHELLS!!!! You sure aren't lacking any power in those motors.

Cheers guys. I can squeeze more power from these by milling longer. I will run hot bp as soon as I use these spiral tubes, mine look strong.

Lee: apetura is as explained above, I'm not sure the comet fell off, it might be the qm or pasted paper, it burned out before the delay kicked in. I sped it up by coring as it was slow comp but the ti also sped it up.. Lesson learned.

The can could easily have double the break or better confinement and still function. This can be made from scratch rocket an all in one day!

Psyco: the ring was my favourite aswell, I underestimated how big it would break :) symmetry was off I know why, timing was also pants. Old cut fuse, I cut 30 new ones with different method that were very close to being perfect.. But put them in a mine not a rocket header :( out of time on build day.

I think this shell was too heavy for the motor it did not get the height the others did, but I'm weighing up a lightweight 4" :)

Dan.

very professional love the build pics makes me appreciate your motors so much more

cheers for putting them up

No probs, almost no hot glue in sight ;)

Dan.

Edited by dan999ification

Cheers guys. I can squeeze more power from these by milling longer. I will run hot bp as soon as I use these spiral tubes, mine look strong.

Dan.

Nice rockets in the vids. How did you press them in the spiral tubes?

Second set are your own rolled tubes? Looking forward to seeing them perform.

Thanks, They are rammed 60/30/10 never had a cato on this fuel. No the second set are build pics of above rockets, my own rolled tubes are a lot stronger and can take hotter fuel.

Dan.

Very professional looking rockets , you have a gift from the pyro god's ,

Great brakes and I have to agree the ring was the best , but all of them were very nice .

Keep up the good work Dan

Stay safe and stay green

~Steven

Edited by pyroman2498

Nice rockets there Dan! Care to share any construction details on those color to report inserts?

Is that a plastic can I see at :16 in the first construction video, or just a puddle of hot glue?

WB

Sorry for the late reply.. No Internet :(.

Well thanks but I'm not sure about a gift, it seems the harder you work the luckier ( or more gifted ) you get.

The spindle is ( without accurate tool )

15 cm long from base to tip

Collar 19mm x 10mm tall

9.5mm throat tapering to 5mm in stages as this tool runs only three rammers :)

I cheated with the inserts, 10mm tubes and stars, rescessed plugs, the waterbound veline stars fixed with wood glue after drying. Time fuse again wood glued into 6mm I'd 10mm od.. To fit my tubes.

The time fuse matched with a controlled Depth cut, not primed or cross matched just bm tied into and onto the surface of the fuse, as you know the depth affects precise timing.... Something I'm working on.

It was a puddle of last minute hot glue :( I rolled my own cans and should have used wood glue but felt this offers more strength, my balls have wood glue on them :)

I'm sorry I have no pics of these inserts, I do of identically sized and fused ones.

After fixin and fillin the star end was dipped in pinball slurry with 5% dextrin 65/35 water alc, then pinball powder for roughness.

Dan.