APC Forum

Occasional depression thread

Pretty green flame

Since we have an occasional happiness thread i thought it'd be nice to have an occasional depression thread. :lol:

Let me be the first to share my daily depression with the forum.

Is it me or does everyone i know make better BP than me, i try and try and never get to the quality i want, ok i know thet my BP is good for lift and it works damn good, but i can't get a thump out of it when i burn a pile

:( , makes me sad. Does anyone else feel that their BP is shit compared to other peoples or is it just me??

Share your depressions. :)

Why not in the venting room? Or is this thread meant if you are sad, not angry?

This is for times when you are depressed (sad) and not pissed off. There's a difference, i think.

Since we have an occasional happiness thread i thought it'd be nice to have an occasional depression thread. :lol:

Let me be the first to share my daily depression with the forum.

Is it me or does everyone i know make better BP than me, i try and try and never get to the quality i want, ok i know thet my BP is good for lift and it works damn good, but i can't get a thump out of it when i burn a pile

:( , makes me sad. Does anyone else feel that their BP is shit compared to other peoples or is it just me??

Share your depressions. :)

Well, I am not depressed about my BP being too weak. Actually, the opposite, I need to readjust all my lift charges, because my last 2 batches of Balsa BP, that I pressed and corned, will flowerpot 2 out of 5 shells using the same amount I used to :(

What is most important is that your BP does the job, and is consistent. Even a sudden improvement can throw everything off. I've seen the vids of your shells, and your lift seems just fine PGF, so cheer up dude.

P.S. The solution re: my lift flowerpotting my shells, seems to be solved most easily by corning my powder to a coarser grain.

I am depressed that this forum doesn't have a random pictures thread.... Hey look its a picture of me depressed while doing homework... I wanna go outside and do some pyro :(

Ahh, I will join in, too. I cant light my thermite. Everything I try, fails. I tried a first fire comp*, a zinc "flash" comp that burned like Mg ribbon, white slow with a steady stream of smoke. Everything I tried, nothing. I even used Mg ribbon with kno3 on top for added heat. I put the thermite on top of the first fire, with a fuse. Nothing, nothing at all. I got a tiny little sparkle, then ran a magnet over the brick, got something that stuck to the magnet, coulda been black iron oxide or magenite. It could be that I am using zinc instead of aluminum. Sigh.

*potassium nitrate-7

charcoal-2

sulfur-2

zinc-3

Oh where to start, 10lbs. of hexamine came yesterday and I'm not really sure if its hexamine. It burns like hexamine should, but the container it was in was sealed with tear strips and the plastic tub didn't say anything about hexamine on it.(the person who shipped it did so from canada so she said she put it in a flower bulb fertilizer tub so it would pass through customs easier, yet the flower bulb fertilizer tub still had tear strips so it looked like it had never been opened.) And a certain synthesis,(the only peroxide considered for military use for those who would know) yielded a clump of white powder that burnt slowly like the original hexamine would.(using citric acid, and HCL in two differet tries they both precipitated but the mix wasn't what I was expecting.) A batch of HDN also failed to precipitate.(using HCL and a nitrate) If need be mods delete this section. I don't have any copper compounds on hand so I can't test how it works in a blue star formula, so I have no clue, for now, what I have a 10Lb. tub of...if there is any way to identify this as hexamine, please leave some information on doing so. If need be I will make a video of how it burns and what the info on the tub said.

Edit: Now I am pretty sure the powder is hexamine, I found some fine print on the plastic container that said the product was green prilled balls, and the contents was white powder. So I must have just messed up somehow with my synths...

AW... damn it. I am working on some flash burst compistion for 1" cylinder shells and the burst aint working. The flash burns fast but it isn't fast enough. (confinement is a thick Polyethylene drinking straw.) Sigh... Time to try Benzoic acid/KClO4 burst. Hopefully this will ave enough energy to burst...

I can't buy any pyro chemicals like KClO4/3 and barium strontium compounds or metal powder etc, my bp is so weak it hardly even works as a lift any more, I have a broken foot which happened on christmas eve and cast all through the summer holidays, it is hot and humid, I can't swim or walk, and both my hollidays were cancelled, I couldn't do anything for new years eve, and was drugged on codiene for christmas I couldn't go to the cricket match, and my dream of buying a computer is far away because I only have 100 dollars :(. Not good for me right now at all, but getting better slowly, my foot will better right on time for school :( :angry: oh and my dad has a broken arm aswell.

My favorite drink is whiskey. After 1 extremely bad night combined with the stomach flu, I think my body may now reject whiskey. I didn't have that much of it last night (crown royal too) and I feel like fucking shit. I think I will now go drink some water and die on the couch for several hours.

I was quated 320 Euros for 12 meters of 4" ID HDPE and 12 meters of 3" ID HDPE. I think i'll go and take some prozac right now :( .

Saw my ex girlfriend for the first time since she dropped me yesteerday. Made me sad as I still have feelings for her that wont fucking go away. That and I have no fucking time to do anything. I am at my site from 7.30-4.00 monday to friday but my site is also my vineyard where I have to work. So all my chems stare me in the face and I can't do anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Well just got the results for my calculus test and I scored an amazing 37.5 out of 100... #(&%(#%*&(!!!!!! Wow my math has really slipped. Since when did intergrals become such a bitch.

I've also been experiencing depression in my math class(trigonometry). No matter how much I study I always screw up on the tests. It's just getting old.....

• 2 weeks later...
How depressing I am falling behind in class again this time chemistry. Slightly unusual but whatever. This term has been a real son of a bitch. O well time to hit the books. Time to keep my mind focused on the books and off the boobs. hmmm

I'm sad, beacuse it's DAYS ago I've made a succesful firework device. It's either that I adjusted the comp. or a small thing that made all the change... like here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hf8lsq5NpDU

where i used hotglue to secure the tubes, but it didn't stick well to the tubes so one of them flew of... :(

sad

• 1 month later...
I'm really depressed cause i just found out that UN only ship to america cause i wanna get there jet engine, atom splitter, lab glass set, uranium plates, super magnets, a T-shirt, aerogel, bunsen burner, vacuum pump and some uranium marbles. so i'm pretty pissed.

I'm really depressed cause i just found out that UN only ship to america cause i wanna get there jet engine, atom splitter, lab glass set, uranium plates, super magnets, a T-shirt, aerogel, bunsen burner, vacuum pump and some uranium marbles. so i'm pretty pissed.

E-bay and other auction sites, good man! UN has some nice things, but the common stuff is much over-priced. The vaccuum pump is some Robinaire (spelling) model that can be found elsewhere, as can the other stuff.

I may have a mild case of phenol poisoning. Also I think they still have the heat on in the library. I am dying here.

I may have a mild case of phenol poisoning.

How many times does that make for you being poisoned? Didn't you mention that you got Barium Poisoning once?

Sorry man, hope you feel better.

I'm depressed because it's Monday.....again.

Yes, I got barium poisoning too. Both are pretty horrible. I'm feeling better now. Just a headache and congested chest, and a resulting cough from the chest. Whenever I cough it makes my head throb though.

I've only been poisoned to my knowledge twice, Well got food poisoning a few times, but yeah. I was worried I was allergic to whiskey though, luckily I am not.