APC Forum

Star Screens

bob

I think it's a good tutorial. I really like the use of the 1$ Frisbee. One question I have is why do you wet the paper? Is that just to make it "stick" a little to the plastic?

Thanks BFTP I was kind of worried that everybody was going to hate it.

Yes wetting it is to get it to stick to the plastic so it doesn't move around well your drilling the holes, you don't want to use glue or any thing like that cause then it would be a real pain to get off.

bob

Edited by bob

Is a good, cheap & simple star screen. I like it! Thanks, Bob.

I hate having to use an exacto knife or blade to remove plastic burrs. If you are very careful doing this, a larger drill bit can be used to chamfer the hole edges and remove the burrs. I think the hardware stores sell various sizes of real deburring bits.

Edited by Bobosan

Yeah de-burring can be a real pain in the ass. I'll probably just buy a brand new drill bit to do this and make sure its got some good backing, but again, very nice tutorial. I also like the simplified yet neat layout you did in MSword

Nice tutorial!

You can use the same process on a plastic bucket, just cut the bucket down to about a 2" or 3" from the bottom.

:) You can see the arrangement of buckets for separate the various sizes of stars at a same time.

Edited by pyrowinner

I like your star screens Pyrowinner. I'm trying to think of a way to have a electric shaker in a tube that my frisbees sit inside, I know that's probably over kill for a star screen but it would be cool.

bob

• 9 months later...

Very cool ideas guys. Very helpful too!

This is relevant to me as I just got gypped by Mumpyro for my star screens

• 5 months later...

I am getting a "document corrupted" message on trying to open it. Can anyone confirm if the original file is still working or not?

I downloaded & opened it to verify for you. Works.

B!

I figured it out. When I downloaded the file the extension was changed to "Star Screens.docx.doc", if anyone else has this problem it is easily fixed by changing the file extension to simply .docx

Thank you for checking Mr.B

• 1 year later...

new member, trying to get access, interested in the star screen doc, but won't let me access it, hoping replying will get me started, thanks

• 4 months later...

This tutorial is very informative, creative, and well thought out. I will probably be making a star screen like this in the following weeks.

Thanks for the info,

Zach