APC Forum

Affordable ball mill for UK and EU.

TritonPyro

I have been using this compact ball mill for 6 months. It is all metal low voltage geared motor design with sealed bearings and it works so well I use it continually. It is super efficient and after 6 hours the motor is barely warm. It is the best looking and safest mill I have had. I do not know if this is the right forum, but excuse a non computer type person! The media used is ceramic 20 mm balls and the jar is plastic. It has 160 hours on it now and no wear at all. These are made to order.

post-14782-0-09646000-1365283584_thumb.jpg

Edited by TritonPyro

Do you have any pictures? or other info you would like to share, like if you built it yourself or where you purchaced it?

Justin

A friend who used to work in Malta makes them and they are fantastic. Also they are not silly priced and a lot of professional engineering has gone into the final design. If it is okay with him I will get the details to you. Thanks.

That sounds great. I've been trying to design a low voltage ball mill for a while (amongst other things :wacko: ), And it seems that your custom made one is very reliable/efficent. can't wait for the pictures.

I have been looking into using brass media for my mill. what size is the jar you use?

Justin

I will try to get a pic. From the builder as it is his design/build.

I sent you a pic.

Edited by TritonPyro

It was around 70£ in the UK , but his new one is a newer build. Mia is on the APC, you could get better pricing and specs from him. It's low voltage with a universal feed so you could hopefully use it anywhere. Hope that is helpful.

Hi,

I decided to build my own, and to go for a large ballmill capable of running two jars with a diameter of ~8".

Best of Luck.