APC Forum

Western Winter Blast

californiapyro

Considering I woke up to below zero temperatures today I kind of hate you guys right now. Warm weather and pyro, my dream come true.

• Like 2

Yeah, well that's why we hold it here and not there, Mum. Also, no skeeters.

I have never seen such a good forecast for WWB week. We shall have 80s all the way.

Great show Friday night! But we where told to leave after ? (Before 8:30 pm )They where still shooting WPA member built shells & rockets tell 10pm !!!!

We won't be back to anymore shows !

Damn it! so close to california and I had to work, it sucks!. I really envy all the people whom was able to go and enjoy the shows and got to see and meet some real pyrotechnicians. oh well!

CaliforniaPyro and Maserface (Hunter and Mason) had some bad luck tonight. A display shell with an overlong fuse fell in their manufacturing area and exploded, burning up a large number of shell hemis, cap plugs and other flammables, while what wasn't lost in the fire was ruined by the fire hoses. I wish I had their stoicism.

t'was a bit of a bummer... it ended up being a fun event though. For those interested, here's a couple pictures of the after-math:

http://s30.postimg.org/3xsvhgcap/fire_1.jpg

that's a couple cases of hemis, and around 300 LB of chemicals (barium sulfate, sodium oxalate, vinsol resin, smoke dye, dechlorane, phenolic resin, etc.)

And here's what's left of 10,000 cap plugs. The smell of that wasn't too pleasant.

http://s11.postimg.org/vi8pjjx6b/fire_2.jpg

Terribly sorry to anyone whose chem orders may be delayed because of this. I'll try to replace what I can, and refund for the rest. I'll send PMs to those whom this affects.

-Hunter

Edited by californiapyro

t'was a bit of a bummer... it ended up being a fun event though. For those interested, here's a couple pictures of the after-math:

http://s30.postimg.org/3xsvhgcap/fire_1.jpg

that's a couple cases of hemis, and around 300 LB of chemicals (barium sulfate, sodium oxalate, vinsol resin, smoke dye, dechlorane, phenolic resin, etc.)

And here's what's left of 10,000 cap plugs. The smell of that wasn't too pleasant.

http://s11.postimg.org/vi8pjjx6b/fire_2.jpg

Terribly sorry to anyone whose chem orders may be delayed because of this. I'll try to replace what I can, and refund for the rest. I'll send PMs to those whom this affects.

-Hunter

Damn!!! Hunter I don't know what to say other than it sucks! but at the same time I'm glad no one got hurt, material stuff can always be replaced.

best of luck

Wish I would have seen that. (The race, not the fire)

A good way to bet on who has the hottest BP.

I see a new venue in Vegas!

Edited by Coulterbart

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another successful WWB in the books! Was nice to see everyone once again. Highlight of the event for me was firing my 16 during the members showcase sunday night.. Video to come soon.

post-986-0-10372300-1424225111_thumb.png

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

NIce shell as always !!!! I am always excited to see what you pull out of your hat ea. year. !! Looks like a nitrate comp :P .... Glad to see it went to a great cause!!! Looks like you filled up the sky again.

NIce shell as always !!!! I am always excited to see what you pull out of your hat ea. year. !! Looks like a nitrate comp :P .... Glad to see it went to a great cause!!! Looks like you filled up the sky again.

Thanks man! Was def a nitrate comp hehe. We missed ya at WWB this year!!

Video can be seen here: http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/10560-16-nishiki-kamuro-to-fuschia/

Awesome vid. I wish I could have been there. Life /family/work have been overly busy. Next time will be a diff. story.

Did you use a blonde or FeTi comp for the stars ? Also the shell was boosted, I see that you nailed it on the head. How much did you use for the boost? Was it a percentage of weight, or ratio of some equation. ?

Where your stars 1.25" ?

Sorry about all the Q's . I am impressed to say the least.

Awesome vid. I wish I could have been there. Life /family/work have been overly busy. Next time will be a diff. story.

Did you use a blonde or FeTi comp for the stars ? Also the shell was boosted, I see that you nailed it on the head. How much did you use for the boost? Was it a percentage of weight, or ratio of some equation. ?

Where your stars 1.25" ?

Sorry about all the Q's . I am impressed to say the least.

Stars were a modified willow with alot of spherical T.I, and star size was 1 1/8". There was no booster in the shell, just cotton seed coated 2:1 HOT bp to seed.

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

• 2 weeks later...

Hey where have you been getting your cotton seed from ? I wonder if you couldnt get it 10x cheaper from a local Cali cotton plant. I know we have many farmers out here growing the stuff

• 10 months later...
Anyone going to WWB 27 this year? I just joined WPA so this will be my first organized pyrotechnic event of any kind. Very excited to say the least. Any tips?

• 3 weeks later...

Packing up for the blast as we speak. excited to finally get manufacturing again!

Packing up for the blast as we speak. excited to finally get manufacturing again!

It's about damn time! See you out there.

Wow Hunter, it's good to see you are still kickin!

• 6 years later...

Hey yall this years event Counting the stars is right around the corner and Ill attend it. Curious to see if anybody from here will participate?

Cheers,

V

Edited by Voryon