APC Forum

Western Winter Blast

californiapyro

Who's going to WPA's Winterblast? :) I'll be there as a tool and chem vendor. Dates are Feb. 14-18.

Where is it at?

Well a little far i guess thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Only a few days to go now, and the weather forecast is great. This will be a good year, with very many more people than last year. At least one sixteen inch shell will be made and fired.

Ah, Tom and Ed's 16"? It'll be a good one!

Dam i wished i could go. :(

It's the evening of the first day. It's been bright, sunny and warm, though there was a stiff breeze all day that threatened to blow my EZ-up away. It seems extremely crowded this year, with many more registrations than last year. Lot of new faces, causing a substantial drop in the average age of our membership, and with a refreshing number of females for a change. There's a delegation from PGI, including Danny Creagan and other board members, and other travelers from the frozen North. APC is quite well represented. California Pyro has set up a vendor stand for his tooling. Manufacturing is full, with a remote overspill area (Area 51) for large shells. The sun is still high so there hasn't been much shooting yet, just a barrage of salutes. It's gonna be a good one.
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Bringin this back to life,

Western Winter Blast 25 — 2014

February 12—16, 2014
Lake Havasu City, Arizona

http://www.westernpyro.org/events

Ill be going, vending some C and other commodities. Looking forward to building some shells and rockets with the APC crew!! :)

Edited by Maserface

I definitely want to go, but I may need to bunk with someone, as I can't know for sure if I'll be able to go until closer to the date due to college class scheduling

Anyone who hasn't booked a room yet is definitely bunking with someone. The whole city has been sold out for weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Linden king Talked me into going.. ill be there on staff. no manufact for me but ill definitely be around picking everyone's brains. :)

so jealous cant wait to make it over one year soon guys hope all whom are going a good time building,watching and getting written off at the afterglow

BASTARDS !!!!!! hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Coming to you live from Lake Havasu City, Arizona ....

All set up and ready. Beautiful weather - t-shirt weather - I had to run the AC at the hotel. Members arriving all day, there were probably 100 at the all-you-can-eat beer and barbecue reception tonight. We have over 500 pre-registered, that probably means 800 to 1000 will show up, besides the 10,000 spectators.

Looking forward to seeing you, Cal.