APC Forum

Timed Reports Cap Plugs Group Pre-Order

dagabu

I am putting a pre-order together for the nice bright yellow Cap Plugs I sold over the last few years. I have access to 30,000 pcs at the old prices of $36.00 for 1000pcs delivered or $61.00 for 2000pcs delivered via USPS Priority Mail, 2-3 day delivery.

What you need to do if interested: email me at coldfire11@msn.com, PM me here or just post your intent to purchase them as a reply to this post.

I sold over 80,000 cap plugs last time in three months and those that waited have had to wait almost two years, until now to get their hands on them once more. Here is a picture of them for you:

gallery_9798_35_17525.jpg

These are 1.5" long by .218" ID and are used to make timed reports for rocket headings or canister shells. I have video of them, pictures of the cap plugs and will even send you a sample if you drop a buck for the shipping.

Here is a quick video of their use. The video is poorly named though, this is a single ring timed reports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnFcmb4qeKI

This sale is limited to the lower 48 states USA only unless you get special permission from me first. International is a little problematic.

Prices:

1000 - $36.00 shipped to the lower 48

2000 - $61.00 shipped to the lower 48

I also have full boxes of 10,000 available for $200.00 plus shipping (approx $30.00 to the Midwest)

Feel free to email me with questions, coldfire11@msn.com

Dave

Edited by dagabu

0.218 seems a bit tight for 1/4 inch time fuse. I take it they must be quite soft and flexible?

0.218 seems a bit tight for 1/4 inch time fuse. I take it they must be quite soft and flexible?

Why yes, they are quite flexible, thanks for asking ;)

The cap plugs are made from PVC and stretch quite a bit, that makes them immune to breaking open when the shell breaks.

The "new" red and white time fuse is aprox .235" OD and the tip of the cap plug is .34" OD so when the time fuse is inserted, it fits really tightly and the opening of the cap plug expands to .338" OD, almost identical to the tip diameter. This effectively gives you a parallel walled cylinder instead of a tapered cylinder.

Add 1g of "F" and superglue closed, prime the end of the time fuse with a few pieces of black match and you have a timed report.

-dag

i'll take a k, too :)

is superglue really the best way to fireblock them?

i'll take a k, too :)

is superglue really the best way to fireblock them?

No kidding Cali, superglue is the best thing to use. I know of no less than a dozen adhesives that have been tried with poor results. It does not "fireblock" them as much as make a bond that can't be broken when the shell breaks, the core of the time fuse will eject first leaving the paper and strings stuck to the walls of the cap plug.

-dag

I sent you a PM last week, not sure where you keep track of your order requests.

I could use a 1000 pieces total.

This size of caplugs are hard to find!

Mikeee

damage

if I had the money and if I lived in the usa I have taken good 1000 but unfortunately this is not possible for me

I'm going to limit myself to 1/4 cardboard tubes

I just got back from Iowa for their fall shoot, real nice folks and lots of great fireworks.

If you emailed me or PM'd me, I have your pre order, the next step will take place later this week when I ask for prepayment. The Cap Plugs will arrive next week and will be shipped out later next week.

Hang in there another day and I will get this ball moving.

Thanks,

Dave

Hey Dagabu, you can sign me up for 2k

How's your shoulder doing ? Good I hope.

The shoulder is getting better day by day, i would like to be splitting firewood by now but the Doc says NO lifting, pulling or pushing.... What does a person do buy type then huh? LOL!

Never fear, my kids will do the packaging and such, I'll pay them in pyro. ;)

-dag

The cap plugs are on their way!

Now accepting orders for yellow cap plugs, see above for the prices. Only Pay Pal will be accepted unless you contact me and arrange other methods. Please send the money as a gift or pay the 3% Pay Pall fee.

This will be moved to the AGORA as per the policy since this is a live sale now.

Thanks for your orders in advance.

Dave

The cap plugs are HERE!!!

Cap plugs will be shipping for paid orders Monday.

If you indicated that you would like some cap plugs, please place your orders this week, the cap plugs are on their way to me as we speak and will be boxed up this weekend, shipping on Monday.

If you didn't preorder, I have plenty left to fill orders for you as well, please go to the Agora for details.

Want to do a group buy and share them with friends? Boxes of 5000 are $130.00 delivered!

-dag

Edited by dagabu

A BUMP is a way to bring a post to the front once more to get max exposure. I usually don't do more than two bumps but I may one day go as high as 50... Er, sorry, that was Prince Humperdink talking. :)

-dag

Hey dag, I thought I sent you a PM about this awhile ago. I'm interested; sending you an email once I'm home...

Hoppy, I have not got to the PMs yet to make a direct reply but I have enough in reserve to make sure everyone that has asked bout then over the past year will have some.

Go ahead and pay via PayPal, add 3% for fees unless you want to send as a gift. The boxes go out Monday.

-dag

I am not too much into small salutes and all that, but I do want to make some 4" or 5" shells with timed salute inserts. I do not currently make shells over 3" in diameter. Most if not all of those are balls, so I would like to ask if they will stay around for a while. I do not currently want to pay for 1k, as i do not know how often I will use them. Anyways how long will they be here?I want to know can not currently handle them. they definitely sound cool.

I am holding 5000 back from this sale for others that have shown interest, there will be plenty for orders over the next several months. If there is more interest, I will have another run of them done for me.

-dag

Hoppy, did you get the order in to me? I have a box ready for you if you are still interested.

For the rest of you all, I have a few thousand left and am ready to box them up. Take a look in the AGORA for the details and let me know if you want any, I am sure they will be gone by Thanksgiving and will reorder them next year unless there is enough interest before then.

Dave

Edited by dagabu

It's all personal preference, but I'd typically consider these too be too small for 4 and 5" shells. To put things in perspective a 4" shell will fit about 2 rows of 25 of these, and a 5" shell will fit 2 or 3 rows of 35 or so. Not that this many inserts is bad, but they may be too high to really make the same sort of impact.