APC Forum

hydrochloric acid cannons

madmandotcom

i have recently attempted to use these:

in the bottom of a cannon with a tennis ball with a polystyrene salbot around it as the payload, however, i have so far only managed to get this halfway up the barrel?

do you know what might be causing this?

do i get an answer to my question or not? i am simply curious to make a cannon from one of these Edited by madmandotcom

Why in the world would you want to make anything out of an acid spraying explosion. What's wrong with some propane and PVC pipe? At least then you will have a half decent cannon worth talking about.

Look what you are doing is stupid and dangerous. First off there is no art in this just "oh looky there it when boom". Second off in my opinion pressure b**ms are the most dangerous type of b**ms.You never know when they are going to go off, they spay acid and deadly poisonous fumes. This is not safe and there are few safety precaution that can be taken none of which will keep you safe. If you want to shoot a tennis ball go out and buy pvc and make a a potato cannon with a barrel that fits a tennis ball. It is from people like you that shine bad light on the rest of us, so I would recommend thinking about what reaction your action will cause if you f**k up bad. Do not ever do something stupid like this again. I am sure your mom and dad or whoever else that loves you would hate to see you get hurt. acid burn across you whole body is not something beautiful. So for your sake , for our sake, and for the sake of your loved ones please do not try anything stupid like this again.
  • Like 1

http://www.ubuycoffee.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/320x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/r/drink-coffee-stupid.png

only 1 or 2 cups a week, around my place are several secluded beaches surrounded by cliffs so there is never anyone there, once the cannon is loaded, i retreat to the top lf the cliff where i can observe safely, and is there really anything wrong with wondering if you can put a 'k3wl' device to some form of use?

I don't think anyone called it k3wl, and there is nothing wrong with wondering wondering is natural. There is a point where this wondering should not be put to the test. If you wonder what would happen when you strap a dynamite blasting cap to someones hand and detonating it (or something lets say making an acid b**m) that is going to far to test. From the information I can gather there is no way that you could walk or run up a hill with in time for the "cannon" to not go off. Plus this is expensive and will never yield results like a potato cannon or a mortar tube and BP. Let alone the fact that you will get hurt it is just a question of when and how bad. There is no point in making such an infernal device. You will never beat any records with such a device except most dangerous cannon to shoot a tennis ball. Look even though you have not taken the proper attitude even after several warnings we all still have on thing we want to do for you. That is to help you get the best results ,and to keep you safe. What could we possible get out of making you fail? I am sure that people including me a starting to think that you are just a troll, despite that fact we continue to try to help save another human being in case there really is somebody out there who is stupid enough to do what you claim. PS: the coffee thing was a joke, but even if it were not it would just show that the reason why you are that stupid is because you are.

I'm suprised to see such an irresponsable and moronic post has not been deleted from this forum.

I don't like moderation in general but in this case seeing the post deleted in it's entirety would be a good thing

Ah, we humor madmandotcom. He's mostly harmless. At this rate he's going to be armless also, and maybe eyeless. He's always been senseless. It's safe enough to leave his posts up because nothing he does ever works so there's no incentive for anyone to imitate him.
  • Like 1

only 1 or 2 cups a week, around my place are several secluded beaches surrounded by cliffs so there is never anyone there, once the cannon is loaded, i retreat to the top lf the cliff where i can observe safely, and is there really anything wrong with wondering if you can put a 'k3wl' device to some form of use?

Dang, I'm sorry, I forgot that you don't get sarcasm...

NO! You cannot put a k3wl device to some good for of use, it is unsafe and here in the states, I could shoot a 12" shell in my neighborhood and expect less prison time then if I used an acid bomb for any reason.

Thus my "stupid" sign. It should have indicated that you are again not taking social cues and are obsessing over pyro, you need to talk to your mummy and get her to divert you again from this folly to a safer obsession, thus my continued mentioning of stamp collecting.

-dag

• Like 1

Been a while since I visited, and I love a good flaming.

While using chemical reactions for launchers are legitimate, using an excessively dangerous one is pointless. Using steel pipe, a union to hold a rupture disc, and dry ice is quite reasonable, I've done it myself. But it's unpredictable.

Tl;Dr (I know you need this), it's dumb, don't make us look bad.