APC Forum

Go-Getters

dangerousamateur

That is a reasonable price. Not the very best but could do a lot worse. They can be reused so the cost won't be a reoccuring one.

• 3 years later...

I bet these will mushroom out of their tubes like muffins out of their cups. Boric acid and magnesium is a bad idea, together with hardwarestore acetone this might be indeed somewhat hazardous...

And considering the fuse, I used fast visco fuse with succes, 10cm/sek.

@mabuse.

Did your go getters with the united nuclear formula went well directly at the first time? I m beginning with this formula, and i have lot of trouble to get a quick burn, maybe the size of my Mg (have to check), or the rather high (in my opinion) amount of parlon.. Why is there that much parlon? I have the feeling, it slows down the burning. If somebody has experience with this united nuclear go geters comp, i would appreciate any hints..

I hope someone can figure this out, i never could get any color ones off the ground.

@mabuse.

Did your go getters with the united nuclear formula went well directly at the first time? I m beginning with this formula, and i have lot of trouble to get a quick burn, maybe the size of my Mg (have to check), or the rather high (in my opinion) amount of parlon.. Why is there that much parlon? I have the feeling, it slows down the burning. If somebody has experience with this united nuclear go geters comp, i would appreciate any hints..

I have only used the brilliant rubber formulas (aka independence red) thus far, and swapped Mg for MgAl. This was some time ago, i used a little coreburner rocket tool...

I cannot remeber I ever used the united nuclear formula.

You will have to follow the original instructions, that means make it very wet (and thus foamy)and use a piece of blackmatch, preferably some kind of thermalite formula as the core.

I would not use Mg again.

Coincidentally Im about to get a new go getter tool :)

In this case I plan to use the brilliant rubber formula again, this time with MgAl.

• 4 months later...

I hope someone can figure this out, i never could get any color ones off the ground.

I finally did! My mg was too big in size. I now use MgAl, 45 micrometers, and they ALL take of. Gonna share some vidéos one of these days.

In parts:

Strontium Nitrate 53

Magnalium, fine, 325 mesh 19

Parlon 17

Phenolic Resin 7

Heamine 4

Brilliant red, moves nicely, easy to press by hand into a copy paper wound tube, takes fire well and dries rock hard!!