APC Forum

Free aluminum, round 2

TheSidewinder

ah, okay. fingers crossed sidewinder likes me :P

I received mine today! Can't wait to test it out, once it rains a little more around here.

The aluminum powder was sent already, some of you already received it, I got notification. The reason no one had tracking numbers emailed was because we didn't get email addresses. Everyone's aluminum powder is in route, we shipped it within 10 hours of getting the list from SideWinder.

How do you know if you made the list?

Congratulations to this rounds APC Forum Selections for the Star Molecule Aluminum Powder. Everyone's orders are shipping out in 6 hours, and you can expect them in a few days. As before all we ask is that you alert us in this thread that you received your shipment.

I live on the west coast.

whistle.gif

I must have been on the "A" list 'cause I got mine todaybiggrin2.gif Thanks much SM!!!! It does closely resemble 5314H physically and without any equipment to test with. i'll give it a good go in about a monthcool2.gif

Mark

I too got mine today :) Thanks SM! Just in time to make some report inserts for PGI.

WB

You gentlemen are very welcome, should be plenty of others receiving theirs as well shortly. Edited by StarMolecule

Got mine too, packaging is very nice. I'll give it a try in the next couple of days.

Thanks star it arrived today ill be trying this stuff out asap.and the packaging is a nice touch and will find its way on my shelf for display long after its used up.also like all the info and spec sheet that came with it.

Thank you Star Molecule for the wonderful gift. I have been using some sort of aluminum in pyro for the past 40+ years and am looking forward to trying what I now believe to be the best available. Thank you Sidewinder for your part in bringing us all a little joy.

thanks again for doing this despite apparently again not receiving any of the free Al. Odd that since I was your only "Friend" here for a very long time...

I didn't really think I would either. I do think it is good thing you do and your Al has been a favorite of mine.

I have been slowly using the pound I bought from you not long ago for targets and other things and it works really well.

Edited by warthog

thanks again for doing this despite apparently again not receiving any of the free Al. Odd that since I was your only "Friend" here for a very long time...

I didn't really think I would either. I do think it is good thing you do and your Al has been a favorite of mine.

I have been slowly using the pound I bought from you not long ago for targets and other things and it works really well.

Apologies to StarMolecule. The Postman was holding it due to the address, shipping to through USPS I have both my PO Box and Physical. The package only had my physical which can be a pain but I have it now! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to test your Dark Aluminium out. Also by far the BEST Packaged aluminium I have ever received! Thanks again!

http://i50.tinypic.com/107m6x0.jpg

The504

Edited by The504

nor did I. but really, it's a good thing you're doing here :) i'll probably buy some in the future anyways.

thanks again for doing this despite apparently again not receiving any of the free Al.......

In your case, you sent me a PM that you deleted before I answered it. I took that to mean you had withdrawn. Star had nothing to do with it.

Don't feel left out. I didn't get on the list either 2happy.gif

nor did I. but really, it's a good thing you're doing here :) i'll probably buy some in the future anyways.

Both of you were on the list. Give it a few more days, please. You're both on the far west coast, about as far from the shipping source as you can get.

And to nip this trend in the bud.....

Folks, this is a FREE GIVEAWAY. No one has paid one cent for what was shipped (except for Star Molecule of course; THEY ate the costs here). It was MY oversight not to include email addresses with the list I sent Star, so he wasn't able to send tracking numbers. Let's keep the comments "on course". Give us feedback on how it performed for you, suggested uses, etc, but no more "why didn't I get" comments, please. Everyone on the list I gave him should be receiving product, assuming you gave me a correct address.

Thank you.

i'm sorry, i didn't mean to come across that way. I am grateful for whatever STAR decides to send to who, the main purpose of my comment was to commend them for doing it, not whine about not getting any. it was too early in the morning when I posted blush.gif

Interesting.

I edited my previous post. Please look at it.

I just got mine today through USPS. Wait a little longer.... blush.gif

As I said, I didn't think I would be chosen however I will continue to use the product as it performs in a superior manner. I also said I had deleted my PM in error right here in the thread. I asked if I should resubmit it and was told by Mumbles that you would still have the original so I didn't resubmit thinking that you would know by my post that I was still interested. I didn't want to come off as though I was pestering by sending it again either.

If you would go ahead a read the reply before condemning me for posting it you might have come to the conclusion that I do appreciate that they do this at all. I haven't expected a thing from anyone, it is easier that way. Then you aren't disappointed.

I love the stuff in any case and will continue to purchase it as needed. I have already run tests and reported them here, if you would take the time to search for them. The first time was making 100 gram flash canisters from Eckart 5413-HS dark, this "new" Safe Blue aluminum, and StarMolecule's product. The second time was small, 1 gram timed reports using the same three types of Aluminum and each time I found StarMolecule to produce superior results, Of course this was judge by ear by myself and four friends so I guess it wasn't very scientific but there yo are, I did them. I have since tried StarMolecule in firearm targets, using the same three and adding Oberon 809 & one I have recorded as "German Bright" in my inventories. Again StarMolecule was the one that me and my friends like the best. So I believe I would have been willing to do further tests had I been given more of it and likely will continue to use the product in any case just because it works the best. I await the Glitter type Aluminum from them in earnest since I am a great fan of glitter, far and above any love of making noise. So you can be sure I will obtain some iof that product when I am able as well.

I again thank StarMolecule for doing this at all. I appreciate that you are willing to give away such a large amount of your inventory. I also wish you the best and look forward to continued purchasing in the future. However, since I am limited in the way I am able to use these things to when another person allows me use of their property at the moment, you should not judge my current inactivity as a sign of how things will be in the days to come.

Edited by warthog

• 2 months later...
Name submitted... thanks for the generous offer.. hoping am picked to be a tester

Name submitted... thanks for the generous offer.. hoping am picked to be a tester

Sorry man, this has been done since July...

-dag