APC Forum

Free aluminum, round 2

TheSidewinder

I'll say it again, it's a great product, really like the packaging.

It impressed my enough that I bought 5lb even though I had a drum of IBA on hand

One more thing Star works well for is boosting sub par aluminum. With a 50:50 mix, I made very good bottom shots with Star and Crackers buck-a-pound aluminum. That makes Stars aluminum very affordable.

-dag

I'm just wondering when the testers will be decided.

Thanks for the offer SM, it is very generous of you. I have my name in of course and passed on the last go around. This time I'll have to bite and see what all the buzz is about. Being manufactured in the States is a very welcome thing to hear and I look forward to trying the Al.

Mark

Sorry for the delay in getting this finalized. We haven't forgotten about you. TheSidewinder got sick last week, and is recovering. We should get everything finished up soon. We appreciate your patience.

Yeah, that'll happen to these old bastards....oh, wait,...TheSidewinder's younger than me.....never mind.

Back on topic, count me out on this round of freebies as I've been out of the hobby for a while now and I want to let others get a chance to participate, but I just want to let you know that the Star product is top-shelf. You will NOT be disappointed.

Sidewinder, best wishes mi amigo, from one half-crippled old bastard to another.

Doc.

On another note, we FINALLY have shirts arranged, the downsize is that we are at a crossroad... they are far to expensive to print for free. So we either scratch the idea, or sell them as low as possible on the site. I will admit we have been getting consistent requests for them.

http://www.starmolecule.com/temp/StarMoleculeShirtArtwork.png

Edited by StarMolecule
  • Like 1

StarMolecule,

You could offer the shirts as a promo item, (1) free shirt with a purchase of 12# alum.

This would be a good way to sell some case lots of StarMolecule powder.

Not sure what your price point is on alum, if a case of StarMolecule would cover a free shirt.

You could offer (1) free shirt on a case purchase to new customers.

Your Logo is pretty cool, you could also sell the shirts on the side.

Let me know if you ever print any golf balls with your Logo.

I would buy a case of StarMolecule for a sleeve of balls with your Logo.

I use your product for most of my pyro projects.

Mikeee

shirt design is awesome but you have star molecule "military grade aluminum" twice. get rid of the one on top. move the one on the bottom up to where the smaller one is. then readjust the (if you see me running,try to keep look up) part to the bottom of larger logo. will make a cleaner looking shirt and easier for the printers to wrap there heads around..(most printers look at the file first for mistakes that could be costly, they also have a mind set like graf. designers ) by the look it already looks to be in 300dpi. thats just my 2 cents. i just spend alot of time in a prototype print shop.and gf is a designer. Edited by layedbackkustomz

shirt design is awesome but you have star molecule "military grade aluminum" twice. get rid of the one on top. move the one on the bottom up to where the smaller one is. then readjust the (if you see me running,try to keep look up) part to the bottom of larger logo. will make a cleaner looking shirt and easier for the printers to wrap there heads around..(most printers look at the file first for mistakes that could be costly, they also have a mind set like graf. designers ) by the look it already looks to be in 300dpi. thats just my 2 cents. i just spend alot of time in a prototype print shop.and gf is a designer.

Thanks, but its printed twice as it is a gang sheet screen, and needs those to print on multiple locations for the shirt. One section of that screen is the front, and one section is the back.

Edited by StarMolecule

ah i sould of thought about that point

OK, folks, sorry for the delay.

I caught the worst case of the flu I've had in literally decades.

Had the flu shot last fall, but learned that it wasn't a very good year for "coverage", and I caught one of the strains that mutated after the vaccine was made for last year. Just my bad luck.

I'm still recovering, actually, but I've got a short vacation starting which I've scheduled for two years now, and I'll be damned if I'll miss that.

So, those who sent me PM's.... please be patient. It may be next week before you hear from us. But this will definitely happen. :)

Thanks!

Thanks for the update. I have patience for new project material anyway, should a new project come to be!

Mark

Do PMs stay after you delete them in your own list? I sort of got happy fingers and "left the conversation" by accident. If they don't then I will resubmit. Thanks

I have all the ones you've ever sent me even if the conversation has ended.

That answers that then. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I saw this website not too long ago looks like really cool stuff to test. Submitted my info. Thanks!

Any word on the flitter/glitter aluminum?

I don't have much need for super-fast-and-loud Al but will be eager to sign up for a future bright giveaway.

Sorry for the delay, folks, real life intruded.

I just sent off the list of volunteers to Star Molecule.

Please be patient. :)

And.. I'll let him answer the question about what type this is.

Congratulations to this rounds APC Forum Selections for the Star Molecule Aluminum Powder. Everyone's orders are shipping out in 6 hours, and you can expect them in a few days. As before all we ask is that you alert us in this thread that you received your shipment.

Enjoy the aluminum powder, just let us know you received it. We are not needing any testing or reviews (we simply have an ample amount of feedback), but feel free to comment if you feel led.

Thank you for letting us give back. Thank you to Mumbles and Sidewinder for allowing us to continue to do these giveaways.

Edited by StarMolecule

You all will enjoy this powder immensely! Thanks to Star and Sidewinder and Mumbles again for helping with this. whistle.gif

-dag

Edited by dagabu

StarMolecule and TheSidewinder did all the work, but I'd be happy to keep taking credit for this. :)

Were the people who were chosen sent a PM? Or was the powder just shipped out to all that applied? Thanks,

-Hunter

Were the people who were chosen sent a PM? Or was the powder just shipped out to all that applied? Thanks,

-Hunter

I was wondering the same thing.

The aluminum powder was sent already, some of you already received it, I got notification. The reason no one had tracking numbers emailed was because we didn't get email addresses. Everyone's aluminum powder is in route, we shipped it within 10 hours of getting the list from SideWinder.