APC Forum

cellulose?

allrocketspsl

saw this on pyrobin looks like cotton,whats it used for?I love showing my dumbness!

I'll take that off your hands dear sir ;) Its the stuff you make NCL from, add acetone and you have Nitro Cellulose Lacquer!

-dag

I'll take that off your hands dear sir ;) Its the stuff you make NCL from, add acetone and you have Nitro Cellulose Lacquer!

-dag

ok,its not on the web site i emailed them to see if they sell it

saw this on pyrobin looks like cotton,whats it used for?I love showing my dumbness!

is it just a form of cellulose/cotton linters or actual gun/flash cotton im not sure posting that amount of finished product would be viable/allowed wherever you are.

dan.

is it just a form of cellulose/cotton linters or actual gun/flash cotton

couldnt view the thumbnail and didnt read the post properly i thought it was for sale on the web,

apologies.

dan.

The firefox stuff is a good quality product. It looks to be very similar to the stuff posted in the image above.

Dan, it's completely legal to sell, and ship. It must be shipped wet with water or alcohol, but that is about the only restriction. I was told at one point that the US requires water, at least from US manufacturers, but Europe can do alcohol or something to that effect. I don't know how true that is to begin with, or what implications it has on actual shipping practices. I have heard of individuals from the US getting NC which has been alcohol wet though.

The firefox stuff is a good quality product. It looks to be very similar to the stuff posted in the image above.

Dan, it's completely legal to sell, and ship. It must be shipped wet with water or alcohol, but that is about the only restriction. I was told at one point that the US requires water, at least from US manufacturers, but Europe can do alcohol or something to that effect. I don't know how true that is to begin with, or what implications it has on actual shipping practices. I have heard of individuals from the US getting NC which has been alcohol wet though.

My Firefox NC was shipped in alcohol. I shipped it to a needy pyro. ;)

-dag

couldnt view the thumbnail and didnt read the post properly i thought it was for sale on the web,

apologies.

dan.

I went to there web site to see if they sell couldnt find it then emailed them no reply